After the defeat of France during the Second world war and the occupation Nazi which follows, it joined the communist resistance of the Francs-tireurs and in favor (1941). In 1942, it enters to the Spanish Communist party. In 1943, it is stopped by the Gestapo and is off-set in the Concentration camp of Buchenwald.
It turns over food to France in 1945 and becomes an active member of the Spanish Communist party. It coordinates clandestine resistance against the mode of Franco. He will be member of the Central committee and the politburo of the Party, until his expulsion of the party in 1964. The reason is: “a divergence from point of view compared to the line of the Party”. As from this moment, it is devoted to the writing.
He writes several Nouvelle S, plays and Scénario S, for which he will receive several rewards. A recurrent theme in its work is the denunciation of the horror of the war, and in particular of the concentration camps.
In 1969, it receives the Prix Femina for second died of Ramon Mercader . Of 1988 with 1991, he is Ministre for the Culture of Spain. In 1994, it receives the Price of the Peace of the Editors and German Libraires.
The Price Fémina Vacaresco 1994 and the Literary prize of the Human rights 1995 were decreed to him for the writing or the life, it also received the price of the town of Weimar in 1995 and the price Nonino (Italy) in 1999.
He currently lives (2007) with Paris.
1963 : the Great Voyage - Price Formentor
- 1967: Fainding
- 1969: Second Died of Ramón Mercader - Price Femina
- 1976: Autobiography of Federico Sánchez
- 1980: What a beautiful Sunday!
- 1983 : Montand the life continues (ED. Denoël)
- 1986: the white Mountain
- 1987: Netchaïev is of return
- 1991: Algarabie
- 1993: Federico Sánchez greets you well (Prix Planeta in 1977)
- 1994: the writing or the life - Price Femina Vacaresco
- 1995: Badly and modernity
- 1998: Good-bye, lives white clearness…
- 1998: the Return of Carola Neher, the Coat of Harlequin
- 2001: It dead that one needs
- 2003: Veinte años there a día
- 2005: the European Man , with Dominique de Villepin
Catalog of films
Scenario writer, except particular mention
- 1966: the War is finished Alain Resnais
- 1969: Z of Costa-Gavras
- 1970: the Consent of Costa-Gavras
- 1972: the Attack of Yves Boisset
- 1974: the Two memories : realization and scenario
- 1974: Stavisky of Alain Resnais
- 1975: Special section of Costa-Gavras
- 1976: a woman with her window of Pierre Granier-Removes iron
- 1978: Roads of the south of Joseph Losey
- 1986: Pavements of Saturn of Hugo Santiago
- 1991: Netchaïev is of return of Jacques Deray: adaptation of its novel by daN Franck and Jacques Deray
- 1995: the Business Dreyfus of Yves Boisset (TV)
- 1997: K of Alexandre Arcady
- Ménines it is the only table which one can see 2 times per weeks without never wasting his time.
|Random links:||2003 in the railroads | County of Örebro | Raised | Charles Joseph Bonaparte-Patterson | Biographical dictionary of Canada | Alton,_l'Illinois|