John Petrucci is a American Guitariste officiating mainly in the group Dream Theater.
Born the July 12th 1967, John Petrucci is high in a family of peasants with Long Island. Although his/her parents do not play of an instrument, his/her older sister plays of the Piano and the Orgue, her brother of the low and her little sister of the Clarinette. Whereas his/her sister showed a great interest for the music, John remembers to have chosen the guitar because all the boys of the vicinity had one of them and that “that seemed cool…. ”
John begins the lessons of guitar at twelve years. He is universally recognized today for his qualities of technician and melodist. He contributes regularly in articles for the magazine Guitar World and implied himself in the teaching transcription of the albums Images And Words and Awake . He also carried out a teaching video, Rock Disciplines .
It currently evolves/moves within the group of heavy progressive metal Dream Theater. He was also the guitarist of Liquid Tension Experiment, in particular accompanied by Jordan Rudess and Mike Portnoy, respectively Claviériste and current Batteur of Dream Theater. He also took part in the G3 (2001, 2005 and 2007), in company of the guitarists virtuosos Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and Paul Gilbert. Regarded by much as the finest guitarist and one of fastest in the world, John Petrucci itself is described as “virtuoso. ”
He composed and recorded an album solo in 2004, entitled Suspended Animation , left in April 2005. On the album Awake , John experienced the guitars with seven cords, in order to return the sound of the heavier album. He spends also much time to write on his sequencer four tracks.
John Petrucci mainly used three models of Guitare, of which it has several specimens of them:
- the first guitar (and the least known) was a B.C. Rich, used only on the first album, When Dream and Day Unit ;
- the second is a Ibanez RG. It was thus declined in several styles of decorations, one having being used in the course " Discipline" rock'n'roll; , very Picasso;
- since the album Metropolis Leaves II - Scenes from has Memory , John Petrucci uses exclusively his Ernie Ball Music Man, made to measure. It also declined in several often monochromic decorations, also in dix-huits cords.
One can also see:
- a guitar Music Man equipped with two handles ( double neck ), of which one has twelve cords, on the live one of Dream Theater in Budokan ( Live At Budokan ) like in their last live celebrating the 20 years of Images And Words, in New York (Live Score);
- of the acoustic guitars and electroacoustics, especially during the round of Falling into infinity , on stroll like Hollow years or Anna Lee .
For his sound amplification, John Petrucci uses préamplis and amplifiers Mesa Boogie. At the time of its concerts, a very important amplification is used, with three heads of amplifiers for six bodies. In addition, its panel of effects is relatively broad, with in particular it characteristic Eventide DSP7000 , a harmonisor used to double the notes played according to a range (for example on the final solo of Stream off Consciousness , on the album Train off Toughts ). One can note the use of a pedal wah resulting from the custom shop Dunlop, as well as multi-effects of TC Electronics.
Lastly, John Petrucci uses quasi-exclusivement médiators Jim Dunlop JAZZ 3, qu ' it considers perfect for his fast play in solo.
John Petrucci carried out with mark PLO a guitar signature John Petrucci.
- Dream Theater
- Liquid Tension Experiment
- Dream Theater
|Random links:||Baldenheim | John Lee | Liquid Frank | Pamousso Souleymane | Kate Austen | Rotifère|