John Ro Myung is the Bassiste of Dream Theater.
Born the January 24th 1967 with Chicago Korean parents , it starts to play of the Violon starting from the 5 years age then puts at the low at 15 years. It goes then to the music school Berklee College off Music located at Boston where it meets Mike Portnoy and John Petrucci. With the clavierist Kevin Moore and the singer Chris Hakes, they form the group Majesty, which will produce an album (Majesty demonstrations, exhausted), before being re-elected, due to name already used, Dream Theater.
Its various groups
John Myung is, since his creation, the bass player of Dream Theater. He also took part in different other projects, like Platypus with the beater Rod Morgenstein, the guitarist Ty Tabor and the former member of Dream Theater Derek Sherinian, as well as the project Jello Jam.
On the first album, When Dream And Day Unit , it plays on a Music Man Stingray 4 cords. Thereafter, it will play exclusively on low 6 cords: Tobias at the beginning, then a mark little known: Tung (Awake album). After Tung ceases producing, it passes to Yamaha with initially the TRB, then the RBX6JM and RBX6JM2 (signature John Myung). He then plays on a bongo 5 cords from Music Man. He also plays on Large Chapman Stick (12 cords in tapping with two hands). He recently signed a contract with Music Man for which he tests the prototypes of a model 6 cords of Bongo.
John Myung is a follower of the Walking to 2 or 3 fingers as he Low explains it in his teaching video “Progressive Concept”. If it Slap EP practically not, it on the other hand uses very well the Tapping with 2 hands on for example Metropolis or Scarred . It also often has recourse to the superb harmonics to give us intros ( Lifting Shadows Of has Dream , Bombay Vindaloo ).
The essence of the discograpie/videotex
Dream Theater When Dream And Day Unite (1989)
- Dream Theater Images And Words (1992)
- Dream Theater Live At The Marquee (1993)
- Dream Theater Awake (1994)
- Dream Theater has Off Exchange Seasons (1995)
- Dream Theater Falling Into Infinity (1997)
- Dream Theater Once In has LIVEtime (1998)
- Dream Theater Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From has Memory (1999)
- Dream Theater Metropolis 2000: Live Scenes From New York (2000)
- Dream Theater Six Dismantle Off Inner Turbulence (2002)
- Dream Theater Train Off Thought (2003)
- Dream Theater Octavarium (2005)
- Dream Theater Score (2006)
- Dream Theater Systematic Chaos (2007)
|Random links:||Screen print | Byun Byung-jun | Philippe Gallart | Antenna has | Julie Pietri in Olympia (CD + DVD no-claims bonus)|