BiographyJoseph William Haldeman was born in the Oklahoma, but grows in various places where its family saw, such as Puerto Rico, La Nouvelle-Orléans, the Alaska and Washington D.C. Married in 1965 with Gay Mary Potter, it first of all studies the Astronomie with Université of Maryland where it obtains a B.S. in 1967. It leaves the same year for the Guerre Vietnam.
Of return, it resumes its studies in Mathématiques and Informatique of 1969 with 1970, but leaves the university to begin a career of writer. Its first news, War Year , is published in 1972. Its military experiment finds in its first novel the eternal war ( The Forever War ) published in 1975 and rewarded by the prices Hugo and Nebula which remains its most known novel and for which it receives a master in writing of the Université of Iowa.
Having exerted various employment (Programmer, Musician, Journalist and Bookseller inter alia), Joe Haldeman regards himself as a writer by profession since 1970 even if it occupies part-time stations of teacher in Littérature in various American universities.
In 1997, it reconsiders the topic of its first novel with a continuation in the form of news, eternal peace ( Forever peace ) which will receive also the prices Hugo and Nebula. In 1999, the third volume, eternal freedom ( Forever Free ) supplements this series and which will be also adapted as a cartoon by Marvano under the title of Libre forever .
Its novel Camouflage was seen decreed the Prix James Tiptree, Jr. in 2004.
Among other responsibilities and affiliations, Joe Haldeman is to advise for the National Space Society , member of the Space Studies Institute and off chair Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers America of 1992 1994.
Joe Haldeman has a young brother, Jack C. Haldeman II, also writer of science fiction, with which it collaborated for certain works.
- Series Attar
- Attar' S Revenge (1975)
- War off Nerves (1975)
Series the eternal war ( Forever War )
Series Star Trek Bantam
- the planet of the judgment ( Planet off Judgment , 1977)
- the world without end ( World Without End , 1979)
- Worlds (1981)
- Worlds Apart (1983)
- Worlds Enough and Time (1992)
- Pontesprit ( Mindbridge , 1976)
- In memory of my sins ( All my sins remembered , 1977)
- Hypnosis ( Tool off the Trade , 1987)
- Immortality to sell - - I read N°3097, 1991 ( Buying Time , 1989) also published under the title The Long Dress off Living room
- the old man and his double ( The hemingway hoax , 1990)
- Bootcamp 3000 (1992) with Gordon R. Dickson, Harry Harrison and Jack Vance
- both died of John Speidel ( 1968 , 1995)
- the message ( The Coming , 2000)
- Guardian (2002)
- Camouflage (2004)
- Old Twentieth (2005)
- War Stories (2005)
- Cosmic Laughter (1974)
- the third world war will not take place ( Study War No More , 1977)
- Personal site
- Joe Haldeman on the site Internet Speculative Fiction French-speaking Database
- Site of fan dedicated to Haldeman and Marvano
|Random links:||Giorgio Cavazzano | Jan Hendrik Held | Piero Pierantoni Cámpora | 3C | Helichrysum petiolare | Économie_du_Liban|