Discovered by the “Viscount” Jean de Gribaldy, 6 times Champion of the Portugal on road consecutively (of 1968 to 1973), it was also illustrated in the great races with stages (Tour de France and Tour of Spain) by gaining many stages (of which the mythical arrival with the Alpe d' Huez in 1979), and while finishing sometimes on the final podium (2 times 3rd of the Tour de France and 2nd of the Turn of Spain).
Joaquim Agostinho is deceased in 1984, following a fall in race (Tour of Algarve in Portugal).
The Grand Prix of Ciclismo de Torres Vedras , Portuguese test organized since 1978 is called from now on the Trophée Joaquim Agostinho.
- At the time of the Tour de France 1970, in the stage which leads to Mulhouse, the Dane Mogens Frey is escaped. After the descent of the Collar of Schlucht, it is joined by its team-member Joaquim Agostinho. Whereas there remains about fifty kilometers to be traversed, Frey, exhausted, request with its team-member “to draw it” until the arrival. Agostinho is carried out, and held the remote group. With the approach of the finishing line, Agostinho thinks that its team-member will leave him the victory of stage. But the Dane attacks. The Portuguese locks up it against the barriers, then tightens the arm to prevent it from passing. Acclaimed by crowd, it will be however displaced.
- Thanks to its fourth victory of stage over the Tour de France with the Alpe d' Huez in 1979, it imitates Jean Alavoine, Henri Pelissier, Philippe Thys, Louis Mottiat, André Leducq, Antonin Magne, Rene Vietto, Gino Bartali, André Darrigade, Jean Stablinski, Raymond Poulidor, Felice Gimondi, Gerben Karstens and Ferdinand Bracke which succeeded in before him gaining stages over 10 years or more on the Lathe. Since, only Lucien Van Impe, Lance Armstrong, Richard Virenque and Cédric Vasseur knew similar glory.
DopingJoaquim Agostinho will be displaced with three recoveries for positive control: on the Turn of Portugal in 1969 and 1973, and on the Tour de France 1977.
- 1969: Frimatic - Viva- de Gribaldy (Co-directed with Louis Caput)
- 1969: Frimatic - Viva- de Gribaldy- Wolber (Tour de France, Co-directed with Louis Caput)
- 1970: Frimatic - of Gribaldy
- 1971: Hoover-with Gribaldy
- 1972: Van Cauter - Magniflex - of Gribaldy
- 1973-1974: Biro
- 1976,1977: Teka
- 1978 : Flandria
- 1979 : Flandria - CA ONLY GOES
- 1980: Puch - Sem - Campagnolo
- 1981-1982: Sem - France the Loire-Campagnolo
- 1983: Sem- France the Loire-Mavic-Reydel
- 1984: Sporting Lisboa-Raposeira
|Random links:||Arnett Gardens Football Club | Elgon mount | Channel Congo Television | The Poet eater of lions in his stone reference mark | Penelope Heyns | Analyse_audio|