See also: Becker
He is the son of the realizer Jacques Becker.
BiographyBrother of Etienne Becker and wire of Jacques Becker, Jean Becker begins his career as a trainee in film from his father, Touchez not with the grisbi in 1953, film which contributed to start again the career of Jean Gabin. There remained assistant-realizer of films of Jacques Becker for Montparnasse 19 (1958) and the Hole (1959). He was also assistant-realizer for Julien Duvivier and Henri Verneuil.
His/her father dies just after having finished the Hole and Jean Becker launches out in the adventure of the realization with One named Rocca with Jean-Paul Belmondo (1961), which will employ it in free Exhaust and Tendre hooligan . These films will obtain business successes.
After having carried out the episodes of the televised series with success the Holy Darlings and No caviar for aunt Olga , unexpected incursion into the comic eccentric, it makes a pause of almost twenty years before returning behind the camera to carry out the fatal Summer with Isabelle Adjani and Alain Souchon (1983).
The film obtains an enormous success and is seen nominated with the Cannes festival for the Palme of gold and with the Césars.
In 1986, it obtains César of Best advertizing film for Clémenceau .
Since the public and critical success of Elisa with Vanessa Paradis and Gerard Depardieu, Becker turns regularly with the same actors, inter alia, Jacques Villeret and André Dussollier for successes the Children of the marsh (with Michel Serrault), a crime with the paradise (with Josiane Balasko), inspired of the film the Poison of Sacha Guitry, and Effroyables gardens (with Thierry Lhermitte and Benoît Magimel) according to the book éponyme of Michel Quint ).
Catalog of films (as a realizer)
- 1961 : One named Rocca , with Jean-Paul Belmondo
- 1964: free Exhaust , with Jean Seberg and Jean-Paul Belmondo
- 1965: No caviar for aunt Olga , with Pierre Brasseur, Pierre Sliding gauge and Francis Blanche
- 1965: the Holy Darlings (series TV), with Micheline Presle and Daniel Gélin
- 1966: Tender hooligan , with Jean-Paul Belmondo, Nadja To strip and Philippe Noiret
- 1983: the fatal Summer , with Isabelle Adjani, Alain Souchon and Michel Galabru
- 1991: Against the lapse of memory
- 1995: Élisa , with Vanessa Paradis and Gerard Depardieu
- 1999: Children of the marsh , with Jacques Gamblin, Jacques Villeret, Andre Dussollier and Michel Serrault
- 2001: a crime with the paradise , with Jacques Villeret, Josiane Balasko and Andre Dussollier
- 2003: Appalling Gardens , with Jacques Villeret, Andre Dussollier, Thierry Lhermitte and Benoit Magimel
- 2007: Dialog with my gardener , Daniel Auteuil and Jean-Pierre Darroussin
- 2008: Two days to kill
- Jean Becker on Internet Movie Database
|Random links:||Lili Mustard | Sénèque the Young person | The Grudge 2 | Michel Abdou | Vamana | International_de_transparent|