Jean Bæchler , born on March 28th, 1937 in Thionville, the Moselle, is a Professor of Sociologie historical to the Sorbonne (Paris IV), Membre of the Academy of Science morals and political (Elected, on December 6th 1999, with the Academy, in the Morale section and Sociology, with the vacant armchair left by the transfer of Alain Besancon.
Incorporated arts history-geography and doctor, Jean Baechler devoted his life to teaching and research.
- Professor of history-geography to the college of Mans (1962-1966), it carries out a thesis (" suicides") under the direction of Raymond Aron.
- Then part-time lecturer of sociology in the Sorbonne (1966-1969).
- In charge of conferences of sociology to EHESS (1968-1986).
- In charge of seminar of the DEA of sociology of Paris IV, Paris V and Paris X (1975-2006).
- historical Professor of sociology in Paris Iv-Sorbonne (since 1988).
- Parallèlement it was attached (1966), then charged (1969), then Research director at CNRS (1977-1988), section of sociology.
- It was also embre of the European Center of historical sociology directed by Raymond Aron (1969-1984) and belongs, since 1984, with the Groupe of methods engineering of the sociological analysis (GEMMATED) founded by Raymond Boudon.
Since June 2006, Jean Baechler ceased any activity of teaching. He devotes himself to working of his work, for a great part worked out at the time of his seminars, for their publication, and chairs the Philotechnic Association.
Theories; Route The intellectual course of Jean Baechler knew several stages. One can locate precise times in maturations of the concepts which will lead it to deliver its theory of a complete social science, or " anthropologie" :
- an interest for the radical political disputes, which lead it to publish three works: Political of Trotsky , revolutionary phenomena and What the ideology? . The theorization starts to be done in the field of the policy, by analyzing the marginal phenomena and of dispute " dénaturés" , which can sometimes be brought to the capacity.
- the interest goes then on the political arena in a more total way, to fix the limits of what is the political power, which are its mechanisms, and which is the most natural manner, i.e. most effective to carry out its end, which can be imagined. The strictly political works are the pure capacity , Démocraties , Précis of the Democracy , and to a lesser extent the large Bracket (1914-1991, test on an accident of the History) and Contrepoints and Commentaire , collection of articles on the democracy.
- the problems of the economy receive them also an attention marked since the beginning, with two works and of many articles, of which Origins of capitalism, Europe and the small channel off capitalism and finally Capitalism .
- the study of the political mechanisms led to a major theoretical opening, in the species of “discovered” of a level of additional solidarity to the political regime and the groups of social membership traditional. It is about the morphology, which provides the matter to two works: the Indian solution (test on the mode of the castes) and, more recently, social morphologies .
- Lastly, culminating point of its intellectual career, Jean Baechler starts in 2000 the publication of a series of work having for goal to provide a theory of the social sciences supplements, retranscribing the whole of the aspects of the human life, without reduction with some aspect partial of its existence. Natural and History and Esquisse of a universal History are the first two volumes of a " Summon anthropologique" , which should see appearing two new elements, devoted to the theory of making act it and knowing, and with a theory of the human nature.
- 1968 - Political of Trotski (compilation of texts)
- 1970 - revolutionary Phenomena
- 1971 - Origins of the Capitalism
- 1975 - the Suicides (thesis under the direction of Raymond Aron)
- 1976 - What the ideology?
- 1978 - pure Capacity
- 1985 - Democracies
- 1988 - the Indian Solution. Test on the origins of the mode of the Castes
- 1988 - Europe and the small channel off Capitalism (in collaboration)
- 1993 - the Large Bracket (1914-1991). Test on an accident of the history
- 1994 - Precise of the Democracy
- 1995 - Capitalism
- 1996 - Counterpoints and comments (collection of articles published in these re-examined)
- 2000 - Natural and history
- 2002 - Draft of a universal history
- 2005 - social Morphologies
- 2006 - Fine the Last
|Random links:||1867 | Titmouse | The Community of communes of the Country of Maurs | Surchiffrement | Tornow | Přemysl Sobotka | Frederick_Adam|