Jean-Pierre Marielle played in more than one hundred films, in which he interpreted a very large pallet of different roles, of the banal citizen ( Wafers of Bridge-Swallow-hole ), with the Serial killer ( Without apparent mobile ), of the hero of the Second world war ( the Miles ), with the spy compromised ( the Bag ), with the actor " Has-been " ( the Large Dukes ).
He is known for his hot and cavernous voice, often imitated by the Humoriste S and Imitateur S which regards it as the Archétype of the French seducer. He is regarded as one of the largest French actors.
Jean-Pierre Marielle was born with Dijon from an industrial father and a mother dressmaker. Its first experiments of actor go back to his years of college during which it assembles some parts of Tchekhov with his comrades. He wanted initially to study the Littérature but one of its professors rather encourages it to become actor, so that he goes to the Conservatoire national where he binds friendship with Jean-Paul Belmondo and Jean Rochefort and from where he leaves with the second price comedy in 1954.
CareerIts beginnings consisted of some roles on the boards with the company Attic-Hussenot, in particular in parts of Pinter, and some small appearances on big screen at the end of the the Fifties, with its particular voice giving him the means of playing of the older characters. But, disappointed by its first roles with the cinema, it turned one moment to the Cabaret.
It obtained roles a little more consistent in the the Sixties, films such as Faites to jump the bank (1963), playing sides of Louis de Funès, Week-end in Zuydcoote (1964) and especially a Mister of company (1965), where the realizer Philippe de Broca gave the opportunity to him to express all his talent. But its popularity really exploded during the the Seventies where it appeared in many comedies. In the Bag (1974) it incarnated an Israeli spy having to hide in a trunk in order to be extracted from a country of the Middle-East. the Wafers of Bridge-Swallow-hole (1975), That the festival begins (1974) and Coup of cloth (1981) brought him the statute of large actor.
Especially known for its comic roles, it nevertheless marked its career of some dark and tragic roles, in particular that of a disillusioned and suicidal cop in April is fatal (1987), or the role of Mister of Holy-Dove in Every morning of the world (1994).
It also carried out a brilliant career on the boards and received a Molière of the best actor in 1994.
Catalog of films
from 1957 to 1959
- Charmants boys (1957) of Henri Decoin
- Fernand Clochard (1957) of Pierre Chevalier
- the Great Bluff (1957) of Patrice Dailly
- All can kill me (1957) of Henri Decoin
- Pierrot tenderness (1959) of François Villiers
from 1960 to 1969
- the brown one that here are (1960) of Robert Lamoureux
- the Sheep (1960) of Pierre Knight
- Climates (1962) of Stellio Lorenzi
- That nobody left (1963) Yvan Govar
- Faites to jump the bank (1963) of Jean Girault
- Peau of banana (1963) of Marcel Ophuls
- Dragées to pepper (1963) of Jacques Baratier
- the Animals (1963) of Frederic Rossif - only voice
- a Mister of company (1964) of Philippe de Broca
- Weekend in Zuydcoote (1964) of Henri Verneuil
- the Good bargain (1964) of Michel Drach
- Release cherished (1964) of Jean Boyer
- free Exhaust (1964) of Jean Becker
- Hundred bricks and tiles (1965) of Pierre Grimblat
- Currency of monkey (1965) of Yves Robert
- the Seventeenth sky (1966) of Serge Korber
- the Man in Buick (1966) of Gilles Grangier
- Roger Shame (1966) of Riccardo Freda
- Tender hooligan (1966) of Jean Becker
- All insane of him (1967) of Norbert Carbonnaux
- Devil by the tail (1968) of Philippe de Broca
- Slogan (1968) of Pierre Grimblat
- the Love it is merry, the love it is sad (1968) of Jean-Daniel Pollet
- 48 hours of love (1969) of Cécil the St. Lawrence
- the Women (1969) of Jean Aurel
- the Whims of Marie (1969) of Philippe de Broca
from 1970 to 1979
- Swabbed the (1970) of Claude Berri
- Grooms of year II ( only voice ) (1970) of Jean-Paul Rappeneau
- One is always too good with the women (1971) of Michel Boisrond
- Four flies of gray velvet (1971) of Dario Argento
- Without apparent mobile (1971) of Philippe Labro
- Sex-Shop (1971) of Claude Berri
- It Tom Thumb (1972) of Michel Boisrond
- How to make a success of when one is idiot and pleurnichard (1973) of Michel Audiard
- the Bag (1973) of Georges Lautner
- the Business Crazy Capo (1973) of Patrick Jamain
- Charlie and his two chicks (1973) of Joel Seria
- Dis me that you like me (1974) of Michel Boisrond
- are to You insane Marcel… (1974) (short-measuring) of Jean Rochefort
- a shroud does not have pockets (1974) of Jean-Pierre Mocky
- That the festival begins (1974) of Bertrand Tavernier
- Dupont Lajoie (1975) of Yves Boisset
- the Tracking (1975) of Serge Leroy
- the Wafers of Bridge-Swallow-hole (1975) of Joel Seria
- Cours after me that I catch you (1976) of Robert Pouret
- One will have all considering (1976) of Georges Lautner
- Calmos (1976) of Bertrand Blier
- the Battalion in madness (1976) of Salvatore Sampieri
- As the moon (1976) of Joel Seria
- One Moment of madness (1977) of Claude Berri
- Plus that goes, less that goes (1977) of Michel Vianey
- Imprécateur (1977) of Jean-Louis Bertucelli
- Of the spoiled children of Bertrand Tavernier - It always interprets with Jean Rochefort the song of the credits
- Entourloupe (1979) of Gerard Pirès
- Cause… you interest me (1979) of Edouard Molinaro
from 1980 to 1989
- do you Want a Nobel baby? (1980) of Robert Pouret
- Asphalt (1981) of Denis Amar
- Blow of cloth (1981) of Bertrand Tavernier
- Oil! Oil! (1981) of Christian Gion
- Indisrection (1982) of Pierre Lary
- Never before the marriage (1982) of Daniel Ceccaldi
- Outward signes of wealth (1983) of Jacques Monnet
- Partners (1984) of Claude of Anna
- Love into soft (1984) of Edouard Molinaro
- Holdup (1985) of Alexandre Arcady
- Evening dress (1985) of Bertrand Blier
- April is fatal (1986) of Laurent Heynemann
- the Two crocodiles (1987) of Joel Séria
- A few days with me (1988) of Claude Sautet
from 1990 to 1999
- Uranus (1990) of Claude Berri
- Every morning of the world (1991) of Alain Corneau
- the Controversy of Valladolid (TV) (1992) of Jean-Daniel Verhaeghe
- max and Jérémie (1992) of Claire Towards
- One, two, three, sun (1993) of Bertrand Blier
- the Perfume of Yvonne (1993) of Patrice Leconte
- the Smile (1994) of Claude Miller
- the Miles (the train of freedom) (1995) of Sebastien Grall
- the Large Dukes (1996) of Patrice Leconte
- the Pupil (1996) of Olivier Schatzky
- for all (1999) of Claude Lelouch
- the Actors (1999) of Bertrand Blier
- Small Lili (2002) of Claude Miller
- Claude Sautet or invisible magic (2002) of N.T. Binh
- the Large Charles disappeared (2002) from Claude Miller
- Demain one moves (2003) of Chantal Akerman
- Atomik Circus, the return of James Bataille (2004) of Didier Poiraud, Thierry Poiraud
- the Clan of the kings (TV) (2004)
- New the Refusal - (no-claims bonus DVD Keys of motor ) of Laurent Baffie
- the grey souls (2005) of Yves Angelo
- Da Vinci Code (2006) of Ron Howard: Jacques Saunière
- Large Meaulnes (2006) of Jean-Daniel Verhaeghe
- French Voice of Gusteau, character in Ratatouille, a film of the studio of animation Pixar (2007)
- Faut that dances! of Noémie Lvovsky (2007)
- what my eyes saw (2007)
- Series: the camera explores time " Templiers " , " Five-March " , " Louis XIII "
- the three sisters of Tchekov realized by Jean Prat
- the night of the kings of Shakespeare carried out by Claude Barma
- the idleness of Rene Lucot
- 1957: Hibernatus of Jean-Bernard Luc with the Theater of the Athenaeum
- 1958-1960: love of the four colonels and Romanoff and Juliette of Peter Ustinov with the company Attic - Hussenot with the Theater Marigny
- 1959: Apple, apple, apple of Audiberti to the Theater of the Heather
- 1964: the proof by four of Félicien Marceau with the Theater of Michaudière
- 1967, 1968: the next time I will sing it to you James Saunders, to be Luigi Pirandello, the birthday of Pinter, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern died of Tom Stoppard with the Théâtre Antoine
- 1970: War and peace with the coffee Snefle of Rémo Forlani
- 1972: red fish of Jean Anouilh with the Theater of work
- 1975: a pope in New York of J.Guare
- 2007: words and the thing of Jean Claude Carrière, with Agathe Nathanson, her wife, with the Theater of work
- 1987 : Reward for the best actor in Mystfest - April is fatal .
- 1992 : Seven of gold of the best actor - the Controversy of Valladolid .
- 1995 : Goblet golden delicious of the best actor (International festival of Film of Shanghai) - the Miles .
- 1976 : César of the best actor for Wafers of Bridge-Swallow-hole .
- 1982 : César of the best actor in a supporting role for Blow of cloth .
- 1989 : César of the best actor in a supporting role for A few days with me .
- 1992 : César of the best actor for Every morning of the world .
- 1993 : César of the best actor in a supporting role for max and Jérémie .
- 2004 : César of the best actor in a supporting role for Small Lili .
|Random links:||Women of comfort | Garrulicinae | Fred Beardsley | Oliver Wendell Holmes | Fury apache | Groupe_moteur_de_Fernandes|