See also: Desbiens
BiographyBorn in 1927 with Métabetchouan, in the area of the Lake Midsummer's Day of a father logger, it becomes Marist brother in 1944, taking the name of Pierre-Jerome brother. It is graduate in Philosophie of the Université Laval, obtaining its license in 1958. He teaches then in the area of the Lake-St-Jean.
In 1960, it publishes Insolences of the Brother So-and-so under the pseudonym of “Brother So-and-so” to the Éditions of the man . He deplores the quality of the spoken language and written with the Quebec, that he calls Joual, a word spread by the journalist André Laurendeau. This work of hardly 150 pages marks the Québécois company, becomes one of the first Québécois best-sellers with a pulling of 100.000 specimens and is republished several times. Paul Gérin-Lajoie, first holder of the minister of education of Quebec, points out that the test " buried the department of the State education controlled by the clergy and called into question all the school system of the time ".
Having raised the anger of the congregation of the Marist brothers by the publication of the " insolences" , it seizes which was quoted to him to continue its studies overseas. During the Years 1960, it obtains its doctorate in philosophy with Freiburg and remains with Rome. At the time of his return to Quebec in 1964, Paul Gérin-Lajoie, new minister, wishes that he becomes his adviser. Two years later, he entrusts the task to him to prepare the mission of CÉGEP S for the collegial level post-secondary.
He is the leader-writer as a chief of the newspaper the Press of 1970 with 1972, where its distinct opinions will have established among; the journalist Laurent Laplante considers that this episode belonged to the " period noire" newspaper so much its federalistic opinions were without nuance. It is by after elected official Provincial of his religious congregation. He works later for the Campus Our-Lady-of-Foy (located at Saint-Augustin-with-Desmaures close to Quebec), an institution of teaching of collegial level and professional secondary level of which he was the managing director twice, and for Radio-Canada.
Desbiens recovered to write at the end of the Années 1980, publishing others Essai S personnel and autobiographical. The last volume of its newspaper, Last stopover , will be published at Septentrion in 2006.
It dies out with Castle-Richer, close to Quebec, on July 23rd, 2006, of a broncho-pneumonia; it also looked after a lung cancer in final phase. It passed the majority of its life in the area of Quebec and was buried in the batch of the Marist brothers of Desbiens to the Saguenay-Lake-Saint-Jean.
- 1950 : I greet you Marie
- 1953: the Answer of Pierre
- 1960: Insolences of the brother So-and-so
- 1965: Under the sun of pity
- 1966: the psychology of the intelligence at Jean Piaget: summary presentation and critical remarks , Quebec, SWEATER, 1966.
- 1968: " Introduction to a philosophical examination of the psychology of the intelligence at Jean Piaget , Quebec, PUL/Fribourg, ED. univ., 1968.
1983 : Membership and freedom
- 1986: the Current one and the topicality
- 1989: to say itself, it is all to say
- 1989: the public Monopoly of education
- 1991: Jerusalem, will terra dolorosa
- 1983 - 1992: Newspaper of a savage man
- 1993: Comment can one be indigenous?
- 1996 : the Years November
- 1998: Per hour that it is
- 2001: Correspondence with Jean-Paul Desbiens
- 1988 : Knight of the National order of Quebec
- 1983: Doctorate of honor of the University of Quebec with Chicoutimi
- 1987: Doctorate of honor of the University of Sherbrooke, Doctor in education
- 2004: Honorary doctorate in philosophy of UQAM
- 2006: Officer of the Order of Canada
- Order of Merit of the Company Saint-Jean-Baptist of Quebec
- “ One is brought thus in the middle of the problem, which is a problem of civilization. Our pupils speak joual because they think joual, and they think joual because they live joual, like everyone by here. To live joual it is Rock' N Roll and hot dog party and ballade in the car etc… It is all our civilization which is widely spaced row. One will even regulate nothing by acting on the level language him (contest, campaigns good French speech, congress etc.). It is on the level of civilization that it is necessary to act. ”
- the first letter of the Brother Such - I find despairing to teach French , the Duty , 2006-07-25
insolences of Brother so-and-so , Jean-Paul Desbiens, free Electronic edition on the site of the University of Quebec with Chicoutimi.Version Word, pdf and rtf.
“the blow of glare of the brother So-and-so” Files of Radio-Canada. September 6th, 1960, video of 27 min. the brother Jean-Paul Desbiens questioned by Judith Jasmine.
the brother So-and-so or the anonymity of a collective! , the Duty , 2006-07-27. Homage to the work of Desbiens.
- Short biography
In addition to the external bonds, one counts among the sources having allowed the drafting of this article:
|Random links:||Black Morelle | Furnace Seasons Hotel | Hume Feldman | Already-considering | RS-142 | Aubaine_superbe_du_compartiment_V|