He teaches at the universities of Saarbrucken and Lille between 1950 and 1958. University lecturer then professor with the Institute of political studies of Paris of 1946 with 1983, he becomes professor of modern history to the Sorbonne starting from 1970 and director of collection to the HMSO.
He is also president of the Commission on the publication of the French diplomatic documents and of the document concerning at the origins of the Second world war, like chair Institut of history of the international relations contemporary.
Elected official member of the Academy of Science morals and political in 1975, he is prize winner of the Prix Balzan (social sciences) in 1982, officer of the Légion of honor and commander of the National order of the Merit.
Its name was given to a room of the Sorbonne.
European Borders of the USSR, 1917-1941 , Paris, National Foundation of Political sciences, 1954.
- Of Wilson with Roosevelt. Foreign policy of the United States, 1913-1945, Paris, Armand Colin, 1961.
- In collaboration with Pierre Renouvin, Introduction to the history of the international relations , Paris, Armand Colin, 1964,521 p.
- the Idea of Europe in the history , Paris, Denoël, 1965.
- History. The contemporary world. Final classes , Paris, Nathan, 1966,252 p.
- the Drama of Europe of 1919 to our days, Paris, HMSO, 1969.
- Le Monde torn , Paris, HMSO, 2 volumes, 1970,398 p., 374 p.
- France and the French (1914-1920) , Paris, Richelieu, 1972.
- diplomatic History of 1919 to our days, Paris, Dalloz, 1974,871 p.
- France and the United States , Chicago, University off Chicago Close, 1978,276 p.
- International relations of 1968 to our days , Paris, Presses of the national Foundation of political sciences, 1978,256 p.
- Foreign policy of France. The decline (1932-1939) , Paris, HMSO, 1979,568 p.
- Any empire will perish. Theory of the international relations , Paris, Publications of the Sorbonne, 1981.
- Foreign policy of France. The abyss, 1939-1945 , Paris, HMSO, 1982,611 p.
- Direction of the political, economic and social year in France in 1984 , Paris, Monitor, 1985,564 p.
- Clemenceau , Paris, Beech, 1988,1080 p.
- Routes , Paris, Publications of the Sorbonne, 1991,491 p.
- the Invasion. Human migrations. Chance or fate? , Paris, Plon, 1992.
- France of the Beautiful Time , Paris, Presses of the National Foundation of Political sciences, 1992,377 p.
- Europe. History of its people , Paris, Perrin, 1993,708 p.
- the Great War of the French, 1914-1918. Incomprehensible the , Paris, Perrin, 1994.
|Random links:||Interfaz mÃºltiple del documento | Tai-chi-chuan | Medal | Fennel of the Alps | Saint-Mathieu-of-park | Opoku Afriyie | Cinéma_de_Hong_Kong|