This page relates to the year 690 Calendrier Julien.
- Willibrord, of Northumbrie, unloads in Frise for évangéliser the populations autochtones starting from Utrecht, under the protection of Pépin of Herstal.
- Bonitus is named prefect of Marseilles by Thierry III.
- Laws of Ina, king of the Wessex.
- the laws of Ina mention the religious and social guilds.
- In Ireland, the monasteries of Bangor and Iona, founded towards 550, organizes workshops of copyists from which leave the manuscripts famous for their decoration. Oldest known is a Latin évangéliaire worked out with Durrow towards 675.
- Apparition of tiny in the antiphonaire of Bangor (680-690).
- the basileus Justinien II transports the Cypriot ones close to Cyzique.
- Wu Zetian proclaims “emperor” of China (690-705)
- In China, the princes of blood revolts with the call of the poet Lo Pine-wang but is crushed.
- the empress of China Wu Zetian sends an embassy to Kaghan Bek Tchor to require his/her daughter for her nephew of him. The Turk refuses and claims the restoration of the Tchong-tsong emperor. Wu Zetian however continues to only control with its favorites, the Tchang brothers.
- the Malayan kingdom of Shrîvijaya conquers the indianized kingdom of Malayu, installs its capital with Palembang and adopts the Bouddhisme.
Births in 690
- Childebrand, died in 751. Wire of Alpaïde de Bruyères and Pip of Herstal
- Pelayo, future king of the Asturies, wire of Favila, a former dignitary of the court of king Wisigoth Egica (687 - 702)
Death in 690
|Random links:||Countryside | Arctic Monkeys | Volcanic bomb | Malone RFC | Golf of Sperone | James_Cagney|