Jacques Roubaud currently saw in Paris, city besides that he says to hate. He delivers in " Autobiography X" chapter; (to be pronounced ten) its life. It is initially an unclassable man. He said an average pupil and however resumed his studies and obtained a double doctorate of State in mathematics and French literature. Its work is very dense, just like its centers of interests. He is at the same time mathematician follower of Bourbaki, player of go, critical arts person, novelist, poet of course… He has a true fascination for the fixed forms of the poems in particular the Sonnet, the renga and the Sextine which he baptizes besides when it is variable length " quenine" , in the honor of Queneau which had worked it over again to soften it. Its influences are varied: medieval poems, Japanese poems (Haïku), images of Indians of North America, English literature. He says to have read more than 150.000 sonnets. He learns since any young person from the thousands from worms and the hundred from poems by heart (see the Grand fire of London). Studying in Hypokhâgne, it does not like the experiment, it stops it continuation in particular with a comment of a poem of the Dreams of Nerval. He says to hate the contests and the examinations.
See on Roubaud excel it book of Veronique Montémont (Jacques Roubaud or love of the number).
Mathematics professor (with the University Paris X). Member of the Oulipo (since 1966). Inventor of many constraints such as the “baobab tree” and the “haïku oulipien generalized”. He obtains the Prix France Culture in 1986.
Since the end of the Years 1980, Jacques Roubaud is defined itself as a " type-setter of mathematics and poésie".
It is also famous for its many translations, in particular of contemporary American poets. Refuting the primacy of the author on the Translator, it gathered besides these translations in a volume entitled Traduire, newspaper , where none the texts in original version appear.
Its main work is the Projet , which is composed, for the moment, of five volumes, and which, while constituting a kind of tomb for his wife, Alix, represents an attempt at autobiography according to a hypertextuelle structure and ramified at the same time complex and touching.
- youthful Poetries , C.G.C., Montpellier, 1945.
- ∈ , Gallimard, Paris, 1967.
- Mono No aware, the Feeling of the things, hundred forty-three poems borrowed from Japanese , Gallimard, Paris, 1970.
- Thirty and one with the cube , Gallimard, Paris, 1973.
- Autobiography, chapter ten, poems with moments of rest in prose , Gallimard, Paris, 1977.
- Graal theater , with Florence Delay, Gallimard, Paris, 1977.
- Graal fiction , Gallimard, Paris, 1978.
- the Old age of Alexandre, test on some recent states of the French worms , F. Maspero, Paris, 1978.
- Io and the wolf, seventeen plus more a haïku in ouliporime , Oulipo, Paris, 1981.
- Sleep , Gallimard, Paris, 1981.
- the train crosses the night, towards the variable alexandrine length , Oulipo, Paris, 1984.
- Beautiful Hortense , Ramsay, Paris, 1985.
- Jacques Roubaud, by Robert Davreu , Seghers, Paris, 1985.
- the opposite Fleur, test on the formal art of the troubadours , Ramsay, black Paris, 1986.
- Something, poems , Gallimard, Paris, 1986.
- the Removal of Hortense , Ramsay, Paris, 1987.
- the Large Fire of London, account with incidental clauses and junctions , Threshold, Paris, 1989. (Volume 1 of the Project)
- the Exile of Hortense , Seghers (coll Words ), Paris, 1990.
- the plurality of the worlds of Lewis , Gallimard, Paris, 1991.
- the invention of the son of Leoprepes, poetry and memory , ED. Circé, Saulxures, 1993.
- N-innate, in other words quenines, still , Oulipo (coll the library oulipienne ), Paris, 1993.
- the loop , Threshold, Paris, 1993. (Volume 2 of the Project)
- Mathematical: , Threshold, Paris, 1997. (Volume 3 of the Project) will
- Poetry, etcetera, household , Stock, Paris, 1995.
- the widowed window, oral prose , typographical Théâtre, Courbevoie, 1996.
- Three ruminations , Oulipo, Paris, 1996.
- Which future for the memory? , Gallimard (coll Discovered ), Paris, 1997.
- the abominable poker of John McTaggart Elect McTaggart, and other more or less short lives , Seuil, Paris, 1997.
- Poésie: , Threshold, Paris, 2000. (Volume 4 of the Project)
- the Knight silence, an adventure of adventurous times , Gallimard, Paris, 1997.
- the Last stray bullet , Beech, Paris, 1997.
- the ballade and royal song (1997), ED. The Beautiful Letters, coll Structures of the Verb,
- the shape of a city changes more quickly, alas, than the heart of the human ones. Hundred fifty poems. 1991-1998 , Gallimard, Paris, 1999.
- Finely, finely , Gallimard youth, Paris, 2000.
- To translate, newspaper , Now, 2000.
- the crocodile , Street of the World, Paris, 2001.
- the Library of Warburg. Mixed version , Threshold (coll Fiction & Co ), Paris, 2002. (Volume 5 of the Project)
- Great string of the Feeling of the things , ED. Us, Paris, 2003.
- Churchill 40 and other sonnets of voyage" , Gallimard, Paris, 2004.
- infra-ordinary Tokyo, Inventory-Invention, Paris, 2005.
- Hearts , the Library Oulipienne n°155, 2006.
- Us, less-that-nothing, oldest sons of anybody, multiroman , Beech, Paris, 2006.
- 128 poems… composed in French language, of Guillaume Apollinaire at 1968 , the Gallimard Library, Paris, August 2006.
- http://www.almaleh.com/ro-auteurs.htm also Presents its book “thirty and one to the cube”
- page presenting it on oulipo.net
- Page devoted to the author on Inventaire/Invention: Access to infra-ordinary Tokyo (full text) and recordings of readings.
- Page on the site of the theater of the Hill: comments of Jean-François Puff, specialist in the work of Roubaud.
Translation of English
|Random links:||Delineator | Duchy of Saxony-Meiningen | Constitutional law of June 3rd, 1958 | Kristen Stewart | Olivier Cadiot|