BiographyAt 4 years, he emigrates with his family with the Canada.
He begins in the spectacle 10 years later by crééant a group Folk. he multiplies the activities: settings in scene of theater, writing, production… After having gained a price of music in a contest inter-faculties, produced Reitman and during its studies several short films realizes. Guitar Thing (1967), Orientation (1968) and Freak Film (1968) will be thus diffused by local television.
After its studies, it founds a distributive firm specialized in the noncommercial cinema. A little later it enters on television as a producing, where it becomes acquainted with daN Aykroyd, to which it entrusts the presentation of an emission entitled Greed .
Whereas it launches out in the realization of its first film, Foxy Lady , it produces several spectacles with Toronto, of which Spellbound , which will triumph a few years later with Broadway under the title The Magic Show . At this point in time it assembles the satirical series The National Lampoon Show , which interpret Bill Murray and John Belushi.
After having turned in all United States, it launches out in the production of American College , realized by John Landis, and which John Belushi interprets. Success is fulgurating, and Reitman continuous on its impetus: production ( Metal howling ), realization ( Stops rowing , are to You on sand , Blue the ), etc
Whereas it produces and puts in scene at Broadway the musical comedy Merlin , daN Aykroyd forwards to him a scenario in which it is question of hunters of phantoms. Ivan Reitman carries out S.O.S. Phantoms where Sigourney Weaver, daN Aykroyd, Bill Murray, Harold Ramis and Rick Moranis holds the main roles. Left in 1984, the film makes a tobacco, and is worth in Reitman its first great success of realizer.
Specialized in the comedies, often Arnold Schwarzenegger, its actor fetish, it takes into account today many successes with its credit: Twin , a cop at the nursery school , S.O.S. Phantoms II , President one day old, or the remake of the Comp2ere ( Father' S Day ) not-diffused in France.
He is also the producer of Space Jam and of Parties intimate , left in 1997 to France.
Catalog of films
- : The Fool
- 1971 : Foxy Lady
- 1973: Cannibal girls
- 1979 : Stops rowing, are to you on sand
- 1981: Blue the
- 1984: S.O.S. Phantoms
- 1986: the Business Chelsea Deardon
- 1988: Twin
- 1989: S.O.S. Phantoms II
- 1990: a cop at the nursery school
- 1993: President one day old
- 1994: Junior
- 1997: Fathers' Day
- 1998 : 6 days, 7 nights
- 2001: Evolution
- 2005: My Super Ex
- 1973 : Cannibal Girls of Ivan Reitman
- 1974 : Shivers , of David Cronenberg
- 1977: American College , of John Landis
- 1980: Metal howling , of Gerald Potterton
- 1981: Blue the , of Ivan Reitman
- 1984: S.O.S. Phantoms , of Ivan Reitman
- 1986: the Business Chelsea Deardon , of Ivan Reitman
- 1988: Twin , of Ivan Reitman
- 1989: S.O.S. Phantoms II , of Ivan Reitman
- 1990: a cop at the nursery school , of Ivan Reitman
- 1992: Stops or my mother will draw , of Roger Spottiswoode
- 1993: one day old President , Ivan Reitman
- 1994: Junior , of Ivan Reitman
- 1996: Left intimate , of Betty Thomas
- 1997: Fathers' Day , of Ivan Reitman
- 1998: 6 days, 7 nights , of Ivan Reitman
- 2001: Evolution , of Ivan Reitman
- 2006: the pink Panther , of Shawn Levy
- Card allociné
|Random links:||Loc-Envel | Leun | Marronnage (animals) | Seed-bearer | Oxynotidae | Baron_Wakehurst|