Frederic Dard (born Frederic Charles Antoine Dard the June 29th 1921 with Bourgoin-Jallieu (Isere), France - died the June 6th 2000 with Bonnefontaine (today Mouret), Freiburg, Swiss) is a writer French. Prolific, it is particularly famous for its adventures of the police chief San-Antonio and his Bérurier assistant, of which it wrote 200 adventures between 1949 and its death.
Frederic Dard is of origin modest. His/her father, Francisque, initially working from the DE DIETRICH company, launched, with Bourgoin-Jallieu, a company of central heating. His/her mother, Joséphine-Anna Junior, are girl of Agriculteur S. Her parents, very occupied by the family business, make it raise by her grandmother. It will have of it a moved memory and the taste for the reading.
The Krach of 1929 precipitates the decline of the family company, which is put in bankruptcy. All their goods are seized, under the eyes of the Frederic young person. The family emigrates then with Lyon, in a small apartment of the boulevard of Brotteaux. Frederic follows without much interest of the commercial studies to the school Martinière. His/her uncle, night watchman to the Editions of Lugdunum and the Month of Lyon, presents it to the founder, to Marcel E. Grancher in 1937. Engaged as broker in publicity, it will end up passing to the Journalisme, which interest it for a long time, and to the writing. It publishes its first novel, Peuchère and written Nouvelle S.
Frederic Dart Marie in November 1942 with Odette Damaisin, of which it will have two children, Patrice (born in 1944) and Elizabeth (born in 1948). It settles with his wife street Calas with Lyon.
Frederic Dart written of the books for children and the popular novels to nourish his small family, meets folded up writers with Lyon. Its notoriety starts to exceed the limits of the Rhone-native capital. Very influenced by the Romance American black (Faulkner, Steinbeck and especially Peter Cheyney), it binds with Georges Simenon, which writes to him a foreword for its book With the massacre society man . Under the crook of Clement Jacquier, he writes novels with his first picturesque pseudonyms: Maxell Beeting, Verne Goody, Wel Norton, Cornel Milk, etc
On a blow of head (it took shade of a book of Marcel Grancher, which quotes it in its memories), it leaves into 1948 to settle with the Mureaux with its family, in a suburban house. After a few years of mad cow, he is his first successes of writing, with the theater (in particular Snow was dirty , adaptation of the novel of Simenon, is assembled by Raymond Rouleau with the Theater of Work in December 1950). It is into 1949 that to Réglez him his account appears! , detective novel signed San-Antonio, and who is a commercial failure. It joined then the editions of the black Fleuve, where it goes côtoyer Jean Bruce and Michel Audiard, and there publishes two novels: Last Mission , and the second San-Antonio, Drop the girl .
In 1954, Frederic Dart and Robert Hossein to the Large-Puppet the Bastards go up go in hell , first part of a long theatrical collaboration.
Notoriety incipient from the Commissaire San-Antonio generates the success, which, consequently, will not leave it any more. Dart writes quickly and much, at the rate of four to five works per annum: detective novels, spy novels or terror, scenarios, adaptation of novel for the cinema, etc abundance of cash doubles stormy contentions with the Fisc French.
However, its life of couple with Odette Damaisin is not happy. In the months preceding their separation, it tries to be hung. It remarie on June 14th, 1968 with Francoise de Caro, the girl of Armand de Caro, the founder of the editions black River.
In 1968, it takes the road of Switzerland with his new wife the couple is made build the “country cottage San Antonio” with Gstaad.
They will have a girl, Joséphine, born in 1970. A few weeks after its birth, the Dard couple adopts a young Tunisian, fore-mentioned Abdel. In March 1983, Joséphine is removed a few hours of their residence of Vandœuvres by a cameraman of television. It will be released against the payment of a ransom of 2 million Swiss francs. The kidnapper will be stopped and the recovered ransom, but the episode traumatisé Frederic Dard a long time.
It ties very strong bonds with R.P. Bruckberger (to which it will dedicate Sexuality …) and with Albert Cohen. It is impassioned for painting, in particular works of Domenico Gnoli, painter hyperrealist, or those of Rene Magritte, surrealist painter. It pays homage to the work of the Belgian poet Louis Scutenaire.
With time, it starts to take retreat, it grants long interviews to the press. In 1975, it makes appear I swear it , signed San-Antonio, a book of talks where it evokes his childhood, its beginnings, its family, her ideas.
Deceased on June 6th, 2000, in its residence of Bonnefontaine, in Swiss, it is buried according to its wills with the cemetery of Saint-Chief into Dauphine, where it had lived, child, in 1930, in a house belonging to the family of its mother.
Since his death, his/her son Patrice continues the writing of new titles with the same characters.
Frederic Dard tells that it chose the Pseudonyme San-Antonio on a chart of the world, while making play the chance. Its finger pointed on the town of San Antonio with the Texas, but it badly recopied this name, inserting an indent which did not exist.
Pseudonyms approved by Frederic Dart itself
San-Antonio: more than 200 titles (see below)
- Frederic Antony: the Police force is prevented
- max Beeting: Signed death's-head (republication of quiet death under SYDENEY)
- Maxel Beeting: One requires a corpse
- William Blessings: Sergeant Barbara
- Eliane Charles: No orchises for Miss Blandish (theatrical adaptation of the novel of James Hadley Drives out, with Marcel Duhamel). Creation with the Theater of the Large-Puppet, 1950. The part was taken again in May 1977 in Geneva, the adaptation being signed only name of Frederic Dard.
- Frederic Charles: the House of the horror , Revenge , Agency S.O.S , do not open this coffin , the Great crackling , the dead Hand , Horrible Mr. Smith , Dernière mission , Death is their business , the Person in question, Brigade of the fear , the Observers of the fear , the Image of dead the , Death leaves of it.
- Leopold Da Serra: Pleasures of soldiers .
- Antonio Giulotti: Warlike in underskirt .
- Verne Goody: 28 minutes of anguish .
- Kill Him : Regulate to him his account , a ton of corpse , Bien hot good Parisian
- Kaput: the Fair with the maggots , the high Dragee , salad Not so much, Put at dead , a killer .
- Cornel Milk : the mysterious Disc , the Killer with the white gloves .
- the Black Angel: the Boulevard of lengthened the , the Belly in the air , the Poisoned drink , a cinzano for the black angel .
- Wel Norton : Mister 34 .
- F.D. Ricard: the Mystery of the white cube .
- Sydeney: quiet Death .
It has, in addition, writes some works for the account of writers in evil of inspiration :
- Andre Berthomieu: In self-defense .
- Mr. G. Priest: Gauge 475 express train , Two visas for the hell , Latitude zero , Flesh with fish , the Revenge of Poor the (titrated thereafter the Strange Mr Steve ). The other titles of M.G PRIEST are not F. Dart.
the pseudonyms below are disavowed by the family of Frederic Dard:
WorksFrederic Dard wrote 288 Romance S, 20 plays and 16 adaptations for the cinema.
See also: List of the San-Antonio
See also: List of works of Frederic Dart except San-Antonio
Since 1997, the " Association of the Friends of San-Antonio, Frederic and Patrice Dard" , quarterly publishes aiming at making known the work of Frederic Dard by studies, notes of reading or by interviews of friendly personalities of Frederic.
- Official site of the family Dart
|Random links:||Franck Esposito | RÃ©gimen de Bush | Gungu | Saint-Vincent-of-Boisset | HawkGirl | TV 102 | Iroquois|