Inquisitor is a set of figurines created by Gavin Thorpe and published by Games Workshop (GW) in 2001. Inquisitor is held in the futuristic universe of Warhammer 40,000, another play produced by GW. GW does not produce regularly any more of figurines for Inquisitor since the end of 2001. In that, Inquisitor approaches more of the others Jeux Specialists like Necromunda or Mordheim (for which the production of original parts is spread out over a few months) that " core games" range GW: Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000.
Inquisitor is distinguished above all from the other plays from the range by the standard size from the figurines: it is of 54mm against 28mm for the majority of the other plays. However, the distance scale in the play being of 1 meter (or 1 yard in the original version) for an inch, nothing empèche players to use figurines 28mm. Moreover, the play requires only one small number of figurines to play a part under good conditions (about five per player).
The action of Inquisitor proceeds with the thousand-year-old 41ème. Under the impulse of an Emperor having since asset a statute of quasi divinity, Humanity built a colossal Empire: Imperium. The operation of Imperium is closely related to the worship of the Emperor. The religious institutions enjoy there a political power and military gigantic. In particular the Enquiry must take care that the citizens of Imperium are protected from the deviations of the official worship. These threats are very diverse natures, with the first rank of those, the worships dedicated to the Gods of Chaos. But more generally, the Church of Imperium (or Ecclesiarchie) sees of an evil eye the extraterrestrial ones, or even the individuals who develop supernatural psychic capacities (psykers).
Inquisitor proposes to direct Inquisiteur like its henchmen in the dark universe of the thousand-year-old 41eme.
The Enquiry being an organization which often acts in the shade, its members learned how to work at the borders of legality, even apart from any form of morality. The power struggles with the center even of the organization, the individual ambitions push some to make use of the fact that they are supposed to fight to arrive at their ends.
The play puts in scene confrontations between factions of the Enquiry. According to the history or the characteristics which a player wants to give to the band of his Inquisiteur, it is free to select its members among a list of standard characters. The equipment is him also selected using a system of list. In the majority of plays GW, each character or equipment a cost in points has, and to take care of the balance of the part, the two players must align armies or comparable bands of costs. It is not the case here: the players will have to seek by them even a balance, because even if a scale of points exists, it is present only as an indication.
Generally, Inquisitor is a play of figurine very directed Roleplay: a big part of the interest lies in freedom to build a band having a history, motivations which are clean for him. The rules even recommend to entrust the arbitration of the part (and all that goes with: scenario…) with a Master of Play, as in a Roleplay.
The principal characteristics are 9 (Capacity of Combat, Capacité of Shooting, Force, Endurance, Initiative, Volonté, Sagacité, Sang-Froid and Command) and are based on a scale of 100, even if certain superhuman characters as Space Marines can have characteristics exceeding this limit. The play thus uses, in addition to the dice with 6 faces (D6) characteristic of the wargames, of the dice with 10 faces (D10), more often used by roleplays, in particular the two editions of the Warhammer roleplay.
The mechanisms of the play are complex and very detailed: a sequence based on points of action determined separately for each combatant, choice of weapons in an arsenal which in account more than 100 with ten tables modifiers range or management of 5 levels wound on 6 various types of localizations with effects like commotions or hemorrhages.
Various articles published in the magazines White Dwarf or Exterminatus (published by Fanatic Close and from now on integrated in the E-zine Fanatic Online) supplement the basic rules, allowing the players and the MJ to manage vehicles, to incarnate Explorers of Adeptus Mechanicus, to simulate the effects of the environmental conditions.
Gavin Thorpe : Inquisitor - Fight for the safety of the Emperor (Ranges Workshop, 2000) ISBN1-84154-079-X
- Gavin Thorpe: Inquisitor - Living room Rulebook and The Thorians: Faction Sourcebook (3 pdf downloadable on the site of Specialist Ranges)
The list which follows gathers a good part of the figurines published for the play, but is not exhaustive. Certain figurines are declined in several possible characters, for example the kit of Arcoflagellant Damien 1427 can be used to assemble Damien 38X.
- Covenant (Inquisiteur of Ordo Malleus)
- Répurgateur Tyrus (Inquisiteur of Ordo Hereticus)
- Eisenhorn (Inquisiteur of Ordo Xenos)
- Lady Jena Orechiel (Inquisitrice)
- Ivixia Dannica (Inquisitrice of Ordo Malleus)
- Adeptus Astartes and Garde Imperial
- Brother Artemis (Space Marine)
- Sergeant Stone (Veteran of the Imperial Guard)
- Sergeant Dorian Black (Guard Imperial)
- Major Jackson (Guard Imperial)
- Ecclésiarchie and worships
- Preacher Josef (Priest-Warrior of Ecclésiarchie)
- Devout Malicant (Fanatic Rédemptioniste)
- Severina and Sevora (Assassins of the Worship of Parks)
- Damien 1427 (Arco-Whipping)
- Arbitrators and Assassins
- Barbaretta (Agent of the Enquiry)
- Juge Jeremiah Pavo (Adeptus Arbites)
- Assassin Callidus (Officio Assassinorum)
- Assassin Eversor (Officio Assassinorum)
- Other characters Impériaux
- Duc Von Castellan (Trafficker)
- " Slick" Devlan (Desperado)
- Krieger " Krash" Thrax (Stopwatch-Gladiator)
- Magos Delphan Gruss (Adeptus Mechanicus)
- Teodor Minodoya (Navis Nobilite)
- Mutant and characters
- Quovandius (Mutant)
- Cherubaël (Had)
- Unforgiven Mynarc (Magus of Chaos) the
- Krashrak Traqueur (Extraterrestrial Hunter of Premium)
- Alanthrasil Swiftblade (To arrange Eldar)
- Khibala Yusra (Kroot Mercenary)
the official page of the play on the site of Ranges Workshop France
- the official page of the play on the site of Specialist Ranges
- Nexus Hive/Pangolin Saloon, one of the not-official sites most complete in term of rules " maison".
- Granted Access, site proposing of the translations in French of the additional rules for Inquisitor.
|Random links:||Arconcey | Vivonne | Threshold (stopping) | Gaetano Mosca | Willem Frederik Hermans | Ikanobanken|