Images And Words
Images and Words is the second album studio of the group of progressive Métal Dream Theater. Still today, it is the only album having been certified gold with the the United States with more: 620000 sold copies. It is also the first album where James LaBrie appears.
HistoryAfter long research and much of disappointments, the group finds the substitute of the singer Charlie Dominici in young Canadian named Kevin James LaBrie. This time, Dream Theater does not renew its partnership with Mechanic Records and succeeds in obtaining a contract with famous ATCO Records. The label provides them the young producer David Prater in December 1991 and with their new singer, they turn over in studio. Immediately, everyone is envoûté by the talent of the LaBrie young person. After one month of recording, the group puts the final key at the nine recorded songs. The end result gives nearly 80 minutes of music what is too for only one disc. The company not wanting to risk itself with a Double album request in Prater to reduce the duration to a 60 minutes maximum. After some modifications and the total removal of a track, off has Exchange Seasons (which will be taken again later in EP), the album is ready to pass to the final mixing to the Hit Factory.
After several months of waitings, the album leaves in July the following year. The group is immediately pointed out and three Clips benefits from it to record which has a certain success on the chain MTV. The track which holds more the attention is “Pull Me Under” which reaches the 10th rank of the Billboard, a success without precedent for Dream Theater. The album remains still today at the same time the most popular album, more sold and more liked of all the fans of the group.
After the exit of the album, Dream Theater starts its first world tour which will launch the career of the group definitively.
- Sweater Me Under (music by Dream Theater, words by Moore) - 8:13
- Another Day (Dream Theater and Jay Beckenstein, Petrucci) - 4:23
- Take the Time (Dream Theater) - 8:21
- Surrounded (Dream Theater, Moore) - 5:30
- Metropolis Leaves 1: The Miracle and the Sleeper (Dream Theater, Petrucci) - 9:32
- Under has Glass Moon (Dream Theater, Petrucci) - 7:03
- Wait for Sleep (Moore) - 2:31
- Learning to Live (Dream Theater, Myung) - 11:30
- Don' T look Past Me (left title on side, left on CD the Fan Club 1999)
- has Off Exchange Seasons (left title on side, recorded in 1995. It lasted already 20 minutes)
- To Live Forever (left title on side, recorded in 1994 for " Awake")
- James LaBrie - Song
- Kevin Moore - keyboards
- John Myung - low
- John Petrucci - Guitar
- Mike Portnoy - battery
- Jay Beckenstein - Saxophone
|Random links:||Merry (sword) | Five Nations tournament 1983 | Johnny Otis | French platform for the equitable trade | Hello the Land ones | McCune,_le_Kansas|