BiographyBorn in 1802 in the historical area from the Union of Poland-Lithuania or Republic of the Two Nations. He is regarded as the founder of the Modern University education to the Chile. It is Domeyko which gave rise to the mining of Chile. One of the chains of the Andes bears today its name (the Domeyko Mounts).
- In 1818 Ignace Domeyko begins studies of physics and mathematics with the Université of Vilnius (in Lithuania), It forms part, like his/her comrades Thomas Zan, Adam Mickiewicz, Alexandre Chodzko and other students of a student's secret society.
- In 1823 took place the arrests of the students suspected of membership of a secret society, to which Ignace Domeyko belongbelonged.
- In 1830-1831 Insurrection with Vilnius
- In 1832, the Université of Vilnius was closed following the insurrection.
- In 1832 Domeyko arrives to France.
- In 1837 It obtains its diploma for the occupation of Mining engineer (3Ecole Nationale Sup3erieure of the mines of Paris)
- In 1838 it settles in Chile, it is named professor of the mining college with Serena.
- Of 1867 to 1883, Domeyko was vice-chancellor of the Université of Santiago of Chile. In Santiago, He advises the government for the higher education and the policy of the mines.
- In 1889, It dies in Santiago
WorkTreaty of mineralogy (“Mineralojia”), written in 1854, third edition 1879 (detailed description of various minerals found with the Chile, in Bolivia, with the Peru and in the Eastern Provinces of Argentinian)
Famous Belarus Related Personalities (born) HTTP: /www.geocities.com/albaruthenia/FP/belborn.html
|Random links:||Cahagnes | Relaciones exteriores de Kazakhstan | Midden-Delfland | Mask Osso | Dmitri Bachkirov | Melovo | John_Stofa|