The Iberian peninsula is the Péninsule with the south-western point of the Europe.
GeographyIt is surrounded by the Mediterranean in the east and south-east, the Atlantic Ocean in south-west, the west and the North-West, and the the Pyrenees in the North-East which separate the Spain from the France. It currently includes/understands:
- Gibraltar (British Territory of overseas located at the south of the Andalusia, close to the southern point).
- France (Cerdagne French, in the department of the the Eastern Pyrenees)
See also: Prehistory of the Iberian peninsula, Protohistoire of Celtibères
With the the Middle Ages, the peninsula was divided into many parcelled out States, the Taifa S Moslem side, and small Christian kingdoms in north. During seven centuries, the coveted peninsula will be an important center of Moslem culture, until the fall of Grenade in 1492.
A linguistic richness
Languages by State
- the Spanish or Castilian, official
- the Catalan or català , Co-official in Catalonia
- the Basque or will euskara , Co-official in the Pays Basque and certain zones of the Navarre
- the Galician or gallego , Co-official in Galicia
- the aranés Aranais or , Co-official in the comarque one of the Val of Aran (Catalonia)
- the Bable or Asturien, nonofficial but recognized.
- the Aragonese or aragonés , not-official, spoken in north about the Aragon
- the Portuguese, official
- the Mirandais or mirandesa , nonofficial but recognized. Dialect of the Asturien spoken in to Miranda C Douro and Vimioso.
- the Catalan , official
- the French, the Spanish or the Portuguese are also included/understood by most of the population.
- the English, official
- the Llanito , nonofficial, mixture of English and Spanish.
- political States of Europe:
- the United Kingdom (Gibraltar)
In Geography of Europe: Peninsula Italian
For other charts on the Iberian peninsula : to see Geography of Al-Andalus.
List of the Latin names of the cities of the Iberian peninsula
Be-X-old: Пірэнэйскаяпаўвыспа Simple: Iberian Peninsula Zh-classical: 伊比利半島 Zh-min-nan: Iberia Poàn-tó
|Random links:||Mignaloux-Beauvoir | Catalase | Award Golden Globe: Better actress in a supporting role | List general advisers of Guadeloupe | RS-571 | Mélodie|