See also: Paisley
In the Fifties, it was one of the founders of Free Presbyterian Church in Northern Ireland, of which he becomes the mediator. It founds its own daily newspaper, the Protesting Telegraph and then at the end of the Seventies, the Parti unionistic democrat (DUP) of which he becomes the unchallenged leader and who he makes become the principal party north-Irish, violently opposed to any agreement with the catholics and the implementation of the Accord of the Good Friday.
Elected the the European Parliament without stopping of 1979 with 1999, it gives up presenting in 2004 because of its age and of its health condition but presents themselves and is easily elected with the British elections of May 2005 (25 156 votes, 54,8% +4,9). After the victory of DUP and Sinn Fein with the elections of the Parliament of Northern Ireland in 2006, it agrees under the British pressure to meet the chief of the nationalist party, Gerry Adams and negotiates the March 26th 2007 the formation of a government of union with its former mortal enemies.
According to the terms of the agreement, the May 8th, it was appointed Prime Minister of Northern Ireland, its Deputy Prime Minister being Sinn Feiner Martin McGuinness. The April 4th, it had met the Prime Minister for the Irish Republic, Bertie Ahern and had discussed the future relations between their respective governments.
Ian Paisley is still nowadays, and this in spite of the recent agreements, celebrates under the name of " doctor no" , in reference to its eternal refusal of parlementer with the catholic parties.
"I will kill all those which will be put on my chemin." , after a manifestation of the loyal supporters in 1968. He shouted that with journalists.
- When Terence O' Neill had an appointment with Sean Lemass (Irish the Prime Minister), Paisley said " No farmhouse! No Lemass! "
- After a unionistic demonstration loyal supporter in 1968, Ian Paisely justified its violent ones calls anti-catholics by saying " The catholic houses took fire because they were full with kingpins; The Catholic churches were attacked and burned because it was arsenals and the priests distributed machine-guns to the paroissiens" ; he also allotted massive discrimination in work and the housing shortage of the Catholics was simply because " they reproduce like rabbits and multiply like the vermine"
- In reference to the Jewish candidate of the unionistic party, Harold Smith, it says: " The Unioniste party is proud that he (Harold Smith) is a Jew. As a Jew, it rejects our Lord Jesus Christ, New Testament, the Protestants principles, the Glorious Reform and the crowned character of the Sunday. The Protesting throne and the Protestante constitution do not mean anything for lui."
- In 1968, in an animated debate with frightening Republican the Bernadette Devlin, it reacts to its charges on its unjust assumptions by saying that it would prefer " to be Britannique to be juste."
- During a visit of the Pope, Ian Paisley shouted " I denounce you. Anti-Christ" several times at the European Parliament. The whole business can be heard on sermonaudio.com.
- " We does not summon not prepared to remain sitted without anything to make and with being assassinated in our lits."
- Guardian Politics Ask Aristotle - Ian Paisley
- TheyWorkForYou.com - Ian Paisley MP
- DUP - Ian Paisley
- Ian Paisley' S European Institute off Protesting Studies
- Free Presbyterian Church
- Paisley' S audio sermons
- /News Carryforwards off Dr. Paisley' S 1988 denouncement off the Pope ace Antichrist
Steve Bruce, God save Ulster! The religion and politics off Paisleyism . Oxford: Clarendon Near. 1986.
- Cooke Refusals, Persecuting Zeal: has portrait off Ian Paisley , Brandon Books, 1996.
- Martha Abele Mac Iver, " Ian Paisley and the Reformed Tradition, " Political Studies , September 1987.
- ED Moloney & Andy Pollak, Paisley , Poolbeg Near, 1986.
- Clifford Smyth, Ian Paisley: Voice off Protesting Ulster . Edinburgh: Scottish Academic, 1987.
|Random links:||Guebenhouse | Jean-Michel Strapping man | San Francisco War Memorial Operated House | Prométhée (software) | African national union of Zimbabwe - Face patriotic | Taret|