ITV (in the past Independent Television ) is a audio-visual group British known also under the name ITV Network .
One should not confuse ITV (ITC Network) which is the network made up of 15 regional chains, and ITV plc which are the audio-visual group controlling 11 of these 15 chains.
National British chainsIn 2005, ITV publishes three television channels:
- ITV is the British private network most popular. It consists of 15 regional stations. ITV was founded September 22nd 1955.
- ITV2, created in 1998, is a chain intended for the young people. It is diffused on the cable and by satellite.
- ITV3 was created November 1st 2004 and is for older viewers. It is diffused on the cable and by satellite.
- ITV4 was created November 1st 2005 and is intended for a male public. It is diffused on the cable and by satellite.
- CITV Chanel was created March 2006.
- ITV Play was created April 2006.
Regional British chains
In 2005, the 15 regional stations under frankness from ITV1 are:
- Stations belonging to the group ITV plc:
- Anglia Television: Is of England
- Border Television: England-Scotland border and Island of Man
- the frankness from London: ITV London is ensured by Carlton Television (in week) and London Weekend Television (LWT) (the weekend)
- Central Independent Television: the Midlands
- Granada Television: North of England (in week); The North-West of England
- Harlech Television (originally “Harlech”): Wales and west of England
- Meridian Broadcasting: South and south-east of England
- the Tyne Tees Television: The North-East of England
- Westcountry Television: South-west of England
- Yorkshire Television: Yorkshire/Lincolnshire
- Stations belonging to the Scottish Media Group:
- STV: the Scotland
- Other stations:
- GMTV (75%) a production company of emissions for the time slot 6:00 - 9h25 on ITV.
- Agatha Christie' S Poirot (Shown since 1989 and produced by LWT)
- Armchair Theater (Produced from 1956 - 1968 by ABC, and intermittently during the 1970s by Thames Television)
- Art Attack
- The Avengers (Produced 1961 - 1969 by ABC)
- The Benny Hill Show (Produced 1969 - 1989 by Thames Television)
- The Bill (Shown since 1984 in the U.K., produced by Thames Television)
- Brideshead Revisited (Produced 1981 by Granada Television)
- Bullseye (Produced 1981 - 1995 by ATV/Central Television)
- Cadfael (Produced 1994 - 1998 by Central/Carlton Television)
- Callan (Produced 1967 - 1972 by ABC, and later Thames Television)
- Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons (Produced 1967 - 1968 by Century 21 Productions/ITC)
- Coronation Street (Shown since 1960 in the U.K., produced by Granada Television/ITV Productions)
- Cracker (Produced 1993 - 1996 by Granada Television)
- Emmerdale (Shown since 1972 in the U.K., produced by Yorkshire Television/ITV Productions)
- Hornblower (Produced 1998 - 2002 by United Film and Television Productions for Meridian)
- Inspector Morse (Produced 1987 - 2000 by Central Zenith for Productions)
- Is it Legal (Produced 1995 - 1998 by Hartswood Films for Carlton)
- The Jewel in the Crown (Produced in 1984 by Granada Television)
- Minder (Produced 1979 - 1994, by Thames Television)
- Mr. Bean (Produced 1990 - 1995, by Tiger Aspect Productions for Thames Television)
- The Civil Naked Serving (Produced 1975 by Thames Television)
- Pop Idol (Two series; produced in 2001 - 2002 and 2003 by Thames Television and 19 Management)
- The Price Is Right (Produced initially by Central Independent Television, now made by TalkbackTHAMES)
- The Prisoner (Produced in 1967 by Everyman Films with ITC and ATV)
- Rising Damp (Produced 1974 - 1978 by Yorkshire Television)
- Holy The (Produced 1962 - 1969 by ITC)
- Sharpe (Produced 1993 - 1997 by Central/Carlton Television)
- 3-2-1 (Produced 1978 - 1987 by Yorkshire Television)
- The South Bank Show (Shown since 1978 in the U.K., produced by LWT)
- Spitting Image (Produced 1984 - 1996 Central for Television)
- Survival (length-running wildlife documentary series produced by Anglia Television from 1961 has)
- The Sweeney (Produced 1975 - 1978 by Does Euston Films for Thames Television)
- Thunderbirds (produced 1965 - 1966 by ATV/AP Films/ITC)
- Tiswas (Produced 1974 - 1982 by ATV Central Then)
- Upstairs, Downstairs (Produced 1971 - 1975 by LWT)
- Who Wants to Be have Millionaire? (Shown since 1998 in the U.K., produced by Celador Productions)
- The World At War (Originally shown 1973 - 1974, produced by Thames Television)
- World in Action (Produced 1963 - 1998 by Granada Television)
- World off Sport Produced by LWT)
- Wycliffe (Produced 1993 - 1998 by HTV/Red Rooster Film & Entertainment Television)
- You' ve Been Framed (presented by Harry Hill]])
- ITV official site
- stv official site
- UTV official site
- Chanel official site
- GMTV official site
|Random links:||Arzano | IPv6 | Order of the pharmacists | Wycliffe | Saint-Bouize | Cártama | Éducation_infantile|