" It is of word only in silence, of light that in the darkness, and of life that in death: radiant is the flight of the falcon in the vastness of the ciel"
Terremer ( Earthsea ) is a major cycle of the fantastic Médiéval, written by Ursula K. Guin.
In this cycle, the author describes a coherent, poetic and original universe.
The history proceeds on Terremer which owes its name with the fact that this world consists of a whole of more or less large islands. It is a medieval world where the magic is largely present and is based on the knowledge of the true name of the people and the things. When a teenager is detected like having predispositions to the magic, it is sent to the school of magic where its training will primarily consist in learning truths names from the things. The wizards thus trained then have, in the company, of the roles of assistance to navigation (they can influence the winds, the currents), healers… Certain people use this magic but in a less formalized way, more wild, often in a ritual way.
This cycle comprises six volumes, five novels and a collection of news; the three first tell the life of Sparrowhawk, whose true name is Ged:
- the wizard of Terremer speaks to us about his training of the magic, its pride and the shade which it releases;
- in the Tombs of Atuan appears Arha (“Devoured”), a priestess who, although guardian of the known as tombs, of it is the captive one;
- the ultimate Shore tale the disappearance of the magic of the world and the combat of Ged to make it return.
- Tehanu takes again and develops the history of this character of Arha.
- Contes of Terremer is a collection of various news; Dragonfly , in particular, has a role of transition between Tehanu and the Wind besides .
- the Wind besides completes the cycle and marks the reconciliation of the men and the dragons.
- the Wizard of Terremer
- Tombs of Atuan
- the Ultimate Shore
- Tales of Terremer
- Wind besides
- 2004 : Terremer, the prophecy of the wizard ( Legend off Earthsea ), telefilm of Robert Lieberman, taking again the initiation of Ged as its combat against the shade which it released.
- 2006: Tales of Terremer ( Gedo Senki ), cartoon film of Gorō Miyazaki, according to the Ultimate Shore .
Chaptersthe Wizard of Terremer
- warriors in the fog
- the Shade
- the school of the wizards
- released shade
- the dragon of Pendor
- flight of the falcon
- the hunter
- Official site of U. Guin, with a chart of Terremer ( Earthsea ) drawn by U. Guin
|Random links:||Drachenbronn-Birlenbach | Gualeguay | Jim Pankiw | Juhel Berenger of Rennes | Cheese cover | Hyrule|