The hyper-center is a zone of the downtown area of Grenoble considered as a district of the city. It gathers the zone which joins together the places Victor Hugo, Grenette, Verdun, Vaucanson (and Public garden Dr. Martin). It comprises also the continuation of boulevards Jean Pain - Lyautey - Agutte Sembat - Edouard Rey, who leaves the entry is (Stade of Agglomeration, Mairie) to the quays of the Isere. And to finish one can count the avenue Felix Viallet and Alsace-Lorraine which leave towards the Gare Grenoble.
With the historical center, it forms the places more animated and living town of Grenoble. There is a maximum of malls, therefore a great number of pedestrians. The principal retail parks of the large downtown area are present there. Many restaurants and fast-food is aligned in the streets. One also finds the majority of the places there to leave: Bars, Pubs, Discotheques…
The largest concentration of public transport of the agglomeration is there. In particular places Verdun, Victor Hugo and Vaucanson.
Establishing the link between the historical center and the zone " Hypercentre" , this place is very borrowed by the pedestrians of the downtown area. It can even be saturated during festive periods like Christmas. It contains good number of bars with terraces opened in hot weather. One can also mention that it is surrounded by various trade (Bookstores, Parfumeries, Alimentaire, Habillement…). On the place, the fountain with the dolphins known as the water Tower is a work of the sculptor from the Dauphine Victor Sappey.
This street, which makes place rather, is completely pedestrian. One finds there a store Fnac, the Lafayette Galleries, and clothes shops such as Célio, C&A…
Via the street Molière, it establishes in particular the link between the Grenette Place and the Place Victor Hugo.
Aun numbers 6 and 8 of the street Felix Poulat, one can admire decorations of the cement frontages moulded of the building of the 3 dolphins (1905) and that of the elephants (1901). These decorations are characteristic of the Grenoble-native architecture of this time (see also the church St Bruno) where Isere was the first French cement producer.
In the south of this street, one finds a great concentration of mall, filled with trade and restaurants. These streets go down and intersect until the place Vaucanson (Dr. Martin).
Place very borrowed by the Grenoble-native pedestrians and motorists. It includes/understands also a great number of passages of public transport. It is the most alive point of Grenoble. Surrounded by trade, but also of Three-star hotel, like the England Hotel. Its center is provided with benches, and a fountain.
The longest mall of Grenoble (the roadway is used by the Tramway). It leaves the street of Doctor Mazet (near to the Gambetta boulevard) to reach the station. It mixes restaurants, bars and trade in any kind.
More in the south of the places located above, the Verdun Place is another important station of transport. It binds trams and bus. This place gives a historical character, since it is surrounded of the prefecture of the Isere, of old the Museum-Library of Grenoble, a building of the University Grenoble 2 (IUT), Military Circle and the Administrative court. It shelters the underground car park Verdun.
|Random links:||Lager | Pont (owner of design) | Ahmad Daouk | Chalouette | New Historians | John_Lenahan|