Its inhabitants is called the Huninguois .
GeographyChief town of the canton of the same name, located on the the Rhine at the corner of the Three Borders (France, Switzerland in the south and Germany in the east on Right Bank of the Rhine), Fortress built by Vauban under Louis XIV, account currently nearly 6500 inhabitants.
- 826 : First appearance of Huningue in a document.
- the Middle Ages: Huningue is a possession of the Habsbourg and is coveted by Basle.
- 1648 : Huningue passes from Habsbourg to the crown of France as the remainder of the Alsace by the Traité of Westphalia.
- 1679 : Louis XIV orders the construction of a fortress with Huningue. The building site begins in 1681 under the direction of Vauban.
- 1684 : Work of the Forteresse requires the displacement of the population on the island of Aoust and in its surroundings.
- 1796 - 1797: Huningue is besieged by 20 000 Austrian. The Armée with the Rhine cut off under the order from the general Abbatucci holds the fortress during three months.
- 1814 : Colonel Chancel of the Napoleonean army cut off with Huningue resisted three months and half the Bavarois.
- 1815 : Huningue is besieged for the third time as of the June 26th by 20 000 Austrians. The general Barbanègre with the head of a garrison of only 500 men holds the city during 2 months whereas Napoleon had abdicated since nearly 20 days. With its rendering the August 26th the city was nothing any more but one ruin. The place was dismantled at the request of Basle.
- 1828 : Completion of the Channel of Huningue which is not navigable any more but which currently feeds out of water the Canal of the Rhone in the Rhine.
- 1846 : Contracting of the communal round of applause to the profit of the communes of Saint-Louis and Village-Nine
- 1871: fastening with the Germany following the Treated of Frankfurt, consequence of the defeat of 1870-1871.
- 1918 : Return to France following the Treated of Versailles.
- Second world war: The city evacuated in 1939 is destroyed to 60%.
- 1979: Stop of the connection Hunigue-Weil amndt Rhein by the vat
- 1993: Inauguration on May 23rd of the Park of Waters Running
- 2002: Inauguration in February of the Triangle (theater)
- 2007: Footbridge on the Rhine, connecting Huningue to Weil amndt Rhein in Germany
- Chemical industry, plastic and pharmaceutical
- Port area
- Rhenish Port managed by the Chamber of commerce and of Southern industry Alsace Mulhouse;
- Channel of Huningue.
provisional population for 2005: 6.324
Places and monuments
historical Museum and soldier
Park of Waters Running and the Steering gear
Footbridge of the Three Countries, footbridge of only one holding reserved with the pedestrians and cyclists with the top of the Rhine, opened in 2007.
Palmrhein : bridge connecting Huningue and Germany for car, auto-cycles, etc
- flowered City: .
Since 1992, Huningue takes part in the Concours of the cities and flowered villages.
1992 - Price of the first participation
- 1993 - 2nd departmental price
- 1994 - 1st Fleur
- 1996 - 2nd Fleur
- 1999 - 3rd Fleur
- 2000 - Special price of fleurissement (Grün 2000)
- 2003 - 4th Fleur
- 2004 - Conservation of the 4th Fleur
- 2005 - Conservation of the 4th Fleur
On close 12 000 common Frenchwomen, only 196 are classified 4 Flowers.
Personalities related to the commune
- Sebastien Prestre de Vauban: Architect of Louis XIV, it directed the construction of the fortress of Huningue.
- Jean-Charles Abbatucci: French general of the Armed with the Rhine. It lost the life following its wounds at the time of an exit during the first seat of the city.
- Joseph Barbanègre: French general, cut off with Huningue at the time of the third seat from the city.
- Armand Blanchard, French administrator born in Huningue, was mayor of Mulhouse of 1825 to 1830.
Weapons of Huningue:
- Common of Haut-Rhin
- Site of the company of history of Huningue
- Official site
- Huningue on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Huningue on the site of INSEE
- Huningue on the site of Quid
- Localization of Huningue on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Huningue on Mapquest
|Random links:||Posterior cutaneous nerve of the thigh | Canton of Sainte-Livrade-sur-Lot | Constitution of Senegal | Lud | Collection Literatures of emergence | USS_Etats-Unis|