The humility can mean several things:
- the Feeling not to be not large thing, to be small compared to the world which surrounds us
- a Attitude by which one does not put at the top of the things and others and by which one respects what one gives us
- the fact of not having many Richesse: Welcome in this humble residence
Humility is more or less synonymous with modesty. Of this direction it consists in being considered with our right value. Neither to do too much of it, which would be proud, nor not enough, which would be false modesty.
One should not confuse humility and Haine of oneself. In the hatred of oneself, one refuses his own existence, whereas in humility, one accepts the existence fully as a whole.
In the same way, the humility and the feeling of nullity are different. One can feel no one and to have a feeling of oneself important. For example, one can feel very no one, whereas the humble one grants little importance to the image which it can give.
Lastly, the word Humiliation can lend to confusion. To humiliate somebody, it is not to make it humble but to make it feel no one, which, we saw it is extremely different.
Humility and religion
The humility is essential in the majority of the religions:
- the religions monotheists such as the Christianity, the Islam and the Judaïsme consider that we are almost nothing beside God and that we owe him our tender.
- the Bouddhisme considers that the feeling of importance of oneself is a lure which causes much suffering to ourself and with others.
- In the religions polytheists in general, the fate of the men is in the hand of the Gods. Our life is transitory but that gives him also its savor.
- Pride (sinned capital)
|Random links:||GeografÃa de Turkmenistan | Glossary of the insects | Ronfeugerai | Mugnano di Napoli | National academy of surgery | The Night of the zapping | Irwin,_Iowa|