HistoryBruce Banner is a scientist who makes research on the gamma rays. At the time of a Nuclear test, Bruce Banner, which directs this test, sees a teenager named Rick Jones. It precipitates in the field, catches the kid and puts at the shelter in a hole, but the explosion occurs and Banner which was near the bomb is exposed to the gamma rays.
SynopsisSince it has be exposed accidentally with amount massive of gamma rays (because of the explosion of a bomb which he itself created), Doctor Bruce Banner transforms himself at the time of his moments of stress or anger into a colossal creature and with the phenomenal force animated by the rage which he does not manage to control.
At the beginning of gray color, it became green thereafter with the following number, and this for an unknown reason in the cartoon (in fact in reality it is about a problem of printing works and paper); during one moment accompanied by Rick Jones, it crosses America to seek a shelter and concocter a serum with an aim of curing its curse.
Leading lifeHulk was created to correspond to the passion of the Super-héros of the beginning of the year 1960, and to reproduce the success of the Fantastic Four. Moreover, Hulk is in the continuity of the " monster comics" (accounts with fall presenting of the monsters, often extraterrestrial invaders, sometimes demons, sometimes robots…) whose Jack Kirby had been made a speciality.
Directly published in its own booklet, Hulk is with the gray departure. But in front of the poor printed result, it is decided quickly that it will be green, a color easier to reproduce at the time. The series will last only some numbers, all written by Stan Lee, and drawn by Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko before its stop.
Hulk integrates then the synopsis of the anthology Tales to Astonish , at the side of the Man-Ant/Giant Man. He is then an increasing success. Its presence among first Avengers and in the pages of some numbers of Fantastic Four, where he faces The Thing, is not innocent… After a few years in this format, Hulk becomes sufficiently popular to carry to him only a magazine. it thus becomes the high-speed motorboat of Tales to Astonish , changed soon into Incredible Hulk .
The character finds at that time his formula, known universally: Bruce Banner is a timid scientist who hides in him a devastating monster with the spirit of child, who asks only for one thing: that one leaves it in peace. This formula will last of the years, will govern the destinies of the tele serial with Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno, and will make it possible to include Hulk among the Défenseurs, a group where it will find a place quieter than at the Avengers… It is the formula than the successors of Stan Lee (Roy Thomas, archie Goodwin, Steve Englehart, Roger Stern…) choose to preserve: thus, they attract sympathies of the readers towards this character into final pitiful and tenderizing…
In the middle of the years 1980, the scenario writer Bill Mantlo, who officiates on the series since years, finally Hulk makes intelligent, since the spirit of Banner finally took possession of this titanic body.
But it was necessary to await the arrival of Peter David to have more explanations. Peter David explains why gray Hulk is the expression of frustration teenager of Banner, whereas green Hulk is the expression of the fears of childhood. To number 377, Hulk follows a psychotherapy which enables him to melt as an only one man all his contradictory personalities: Hulk became intelligent and beautiful (even if there remains green!).
Since, the series started again; the contributions of Peter David with the universe of Hulk provided a material for the many ones and enthralling stories. After Peter David, they are Joe Casey, John Byrne, Paul Jenkins, Bruce Jones, Peter David (of return) and today Daniel Way which writes the adventures of the " giant vert".
CapacitiesHulk can raise up to 100 tons. It can make jumps of 925 meters in height, and a maximum distance of 2,5 km in length. It fears neither extreme heats nor the cold, and is immunized against all the terrestrial diseases. Even wounded, which a sufficient force can do, its fabrics is regenerated at very high speed.
In period of stress its force increases: it then does not have any more known limits and it can make jumps up to 5 km. It is then inexhaustible, aggressiveness returning it more extremely where its enemies weaken. It there forever have of limit to its force. It can raise mountains, cause earthquakes while striking the ground or cause very powerful shock waves by claquant hands (this kind of exploits places it on a level comparable with Superman, at which one forever definite of precise limits to its capacities). It is the only one to have destroyed the physical body of Onslaught, an extremely powerful entity. It is the most powerful mortal of planet.
- Betty Ross Banner
- Rick Jones
- General Ross
- Glenn Talbot
- Igor Starsky
- the Leader
- the Missing link
- Doc. Samson
- the Man Cobalt
- the Man-Sand
- the man Absorbing
- The Waste-gas main
- Metal Master
In FranceHulk began its leading career in small size at Arédit/Artima in the Collection Flash before continuing its adventures in larger format and colors in the series Gamma . Lastly, it returned in PF then again in large size colors, but in a presentation more cheap .
The character of Hulk appears in several Fantastic albums the Four of the editions Lug.
Hulk knew a series of " versions intégrales" in the editor Semic. When Panini/Marvel France took again the license, the series continued on same classification. Then the character, because of bad sale, integrated the synopsis of some anthological reviews, before having a transitory news series with his name, then some albums in the collection " 100% Marvel" and the collection " Monster". At the end of the publication which followed the classification of the integral versions of Semic, Panini published a complete arc in a number of the magazine Marvel Top, then, at the time of the new series of the character (launched by John Byrne), installed it in the anthological magazine Marvel Select (where the series Silver Surfer and Thunderbolts are published then). After the disappearance of this magazine in 2000, Hulk emigrates in the monthly magazine Marvel Elite (at the side of series Fantastic Four and Thor), where it will end up being replaced before the end of publication of the magazine by Captain America. In July 2003, at the time of the exit of film, Panini launches a monthly magazine entirely devoted to Hulk (benefitting at the same time from the very new artistic team), which will last only 8 numbers.
To noteThanks to Hulk:
- Kenneth Johnson adapted a series to large budget.
- It became the idol of many its readers.
- Hulk is also a founding member of the Vengeurs.
- the character was the object of adaptations on television (series Incredible Hulk of 1977 to 1990) and with the cinema ( Hulk , film of Ang Lee in 2003
- a remake carried out by Louis Leterrier is right now planned for on July 30th, 2008 with in the title role the actor Edward Norton.
It finally was the subject of video games ( Hulk in 1994, Hulk in 1996, The Hulk in 2003 and Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction in 2005).
biographical Fiche supplements of Hulk
- Page Hulk of comics-dB
- Page The Incredible Hulk of comics-dB
- Articles clarifying, duality of the Man:
- Ombre (psychoanalysis) “the shade is one of principal the Archétypes described by Carl Gustav Jung within the framework of its analytical Psychologie. It is a " Eternal antagoniste" , which is in the beginning many psychical conflicts, as well interns as external, at the same time as it imposes about being confronted so that it wants to be unaware of itself, and that from this confrontation can be born a form from awakening. ”
- the Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde: Doctor Jekyll, a philanthropist obsessed by his double personality, develops a potion to destroy his bad side, but it is there this side which, night after night, finally will take the top and will transform it into monstrous Mister Hyde.
- the Beautiful one and the Animal: The Stupid in the film the Beautiful one and the Animal realized by Jean Cocteau.
- the magic Mirror: The magic Mirror in white snow, which reveals the share " maléfique" but true of the queen but also white snow has which it is carrying " potentiellement" of this cruelty.
- Hulk : The last misadventure in date is the fantastic character of Hulk inspired starting from the cartoon of Stan Lee, which took as a starting point itself the novel of Stevenson to create the Dr. Bruce Banner and its colossal always green double of rage.
- See also:
Simple: The Incredible Hulk
|Random links:||1904 in aeronautics | Temple of garrison | Kuwait (city) | Royal Golf Dar Essalam | Azerbaïdjan-Poland in football|