James Hugh Calum Laurie , OBE, is an actor, scenario writer, realizer, type-setter and producing British born the June 11th 1959 with Oxford. It is more known under the name of Hugh Laurie . He especially played in televised series or telefilms. He interprets in particular arrogant Doctor Gregory House in the televised series Dr. House , role for which he obtained (inter alia rewards) the Golden Globe of the best actor of drama series two consecutive years, in 2006 and 2007. He also interpreted the role of Mr. Fredrick Little in the two films Stuart Little .
Academic yearsWire of Ran Laurie, gold medal in oar in 1948, Hugh Laurie were born and grew with Oxford where it was raises Dragon School before integrating the Collège of Eton then Selwyn College, Cambridge, where it studied the Archéologie and the Anthropologie. His/her father was gold medal with the Olympic Games in oar, Hugh having itself be oarsman lasting his studies and having taken share with the race of boats of Oxford and Cambridge in 1980 (Cambridge lost this year a one meter length fifty…).
During its first academic year, Laurie meets Emma Thompson. It joined then celebrates it Cambridge Footlights, springboard of several British actors (and not of least). When Footlights give their spectacle of end of the year at the time of the Edinburgh Fringe Festival of 1980, Laurie meets Stephen Fry and during its last year of studies, in 1981, he becomes the president of the club while Emma Thompson is the vice-president. Laurie, Fry and Thompson are parodied during the University Challenge by presenting the Footlights College, Oxbridge (with the assistance of the scenario writer Ben Elton, fourth element of the group) in Bambi , an episode of the televised series The Young Ones .
CareerFry and Laurie have several series with their common credit and played in the televised series Jeeves and Wooster , an adaptation of the Histoires of Jeeves of P.G. Wodehouse. Laurie incarnated the owner of Jeeves there, adorable beta Bertie Wooster, a role for which its talents of pianist and singer came to reinforce his famous voice “snob”.
However, the following the example of Fry, Laurie moved towards a double career of comic actor (in particular illustrated by its role in the series Blackadder , written by Ben Elton and Richard Curtis, where he played sides of Rowan Atkinson; Laurie interpreted various characters there, in particular those of prince George and lieutenant George) and dramatic actor as in Peter' S Friends (always with Fry). It made other appearances in films such as Maybe Baby of Elton and both Stuart Little in which it undoubtedly has surprised for the first time by its American accent. In 1996, its book The Gun Seller , a humorous novel with suspense, is published and meets a real success. Laurie currently works with its second novel, The Paper Soldier . In 1996, he also interpreted the role To marble, one of the gangsters sent to capture the pups, in film of the studios Disney, the 101 Dalmatiens .
He appears (grace in particular to the fact that the episodes The One With Ross' S Wedding in two parts proceed in England) in the episode The One With Ross' S Wedding, Part Two of the televised series Friends (season 4). He plays there the part of the neighbor of Rachel on the aircraft which it takes to go to London.
Starting from 2002, Laurie started to appear in a series of the British dramatic telefilms, Guest star this year of two episodes of the first season of the series of espionage to suspense Spooks on BBC One. In 2003, it holds the main role of another series this time for ITV, Fortysomething . He also played one in Griffin, incarnating a character of the episode entitled One If By Clam, Two If By Sea .
Although the name of Hugh Laurie became familiar in Great Britain since the Années 1980, it was really made known of the American public only in 2004, when it incarnated for the first time arrogant Doctor Gregory House in from now on celebrates series of the Fox Dr. House . The American accent of the actor for this role indeed was enough to convince the realizer Bryan Singer whom it could be made pass for a native of the United States.
In July 2005, Laurie was named with the ceremony of the Emmy Award S for its role in Dr. House . Even if it did not obtain it, it gained a Golden Globe in 2006 for its service in this series. The year 2007 moreover appeared that of the confirmation since she saw it gaining for the second consecutive time same the Golden Globe.
- During an appearance as a guest in The Tonight Show the November 16th 2005, Laurie revealed that it had tested itself with the pharmacodépendant analgesic called Vicodin in order to put itself in the skin of the character of Doctor Gregory House.
- the nose of Laurie is slightly of through because of the many brawls in which it was implied during its childhood.
- Laurie was severely burned by a bomb with the gasoline which it had made at the 10 years age.
- In 1996, it stated to be clinically depressive, a diagnosis confirmed later and treated successfully. Laurie realized of its state when it realized, during a race of car, that it was not impassioned nor frightened any more by this sport.
- Its motor bike preferred is the Triumph Bonneville.
- During the turning of the first season of the televised series Dr. House , Hugh Laurie lived with the hotel Château Marmont in Sunset Strip on Hollywood - western.
- In 1992, Laurie made an appearance in the video Clip of the title Walking one Broken Glass of Annie Lennox, equipped with a Régence costume, in order to incarnate Blackadder the Third there.
- Laurie tests a great admiration for the writings of Pelham Grenville Wodehouse; he even explained, in an article published the May 27th 1999 by the Daily Telegraph, how the reading of the novels of Wodehouse had saved the life to him.
Selective catalog of films
- 1985 : Plenty (Michael)
- 1989: Strapless (Hake)
- 1992: Friends of Peter (Roger Charleston)
- 1995: Reason and feelings (Mr. Palmer)
- 1996: 101 Dalmatiens (To marble)
- 1998: the Man with the iron mask (to advise of the king)
- 1999: Stuart Little (Fredrick Little)
- 2000: Maybe Baby or how the English reproduce (Sam Bell)
- 2000: Carnivale (Cenzo)
- 2001: The Piano Tuner (Charles)
- 2001: Chica de Río (Raymond)
- 2002: Stuart Little 2 (Fredrick Little)
- 2004: Flight of the Phoenix (Ian)
See tooAnecdote with Sacha Baron Cohen
|Random links:||Ajoupa-bubble | Turan | General advice of Savoy | Roads of Savoy | Élection_générale_de_la_Nouvelle_Zélande,_1981|