Hotel of Burgundy
The Hôtel of Burgundy indicated until the 16th century the residence of the dukes of Burgundy.
In 1548, the company of the Fellow-members of Passion and Resurrection of Our Lord Jesus-Christ built there a theater street Mauconseil (currently street Etienne Marcel) to present mystery S. But a stop of the Parliament defends with the hotel of Burgundy to play of the religious parts; in exchange, the fellow-members of passion obtain the monopoly of the profane stage performances on Paris, and rent their theater with the itinerant troops.
In 1624, Pierre Messier installs his own troop with the Hotel of Burgundy, and in 1628 Valleran the Tale establishes its royal Troupe there thanks to the protection of Louis XIII. The Hotel of Burgundy enters then in war with the other Parisian troops which settle gradually. The Répertoire is composed of the joke S of Turlupin, Large-Guillaume, Gautier-Garguille, as well as Tragédie S of Alexandre Hardy or Jean Rotrou, and especially those of Corneille, when Floridor leaves the Théâtre of the Marsh to take the direction of the Hotel of Burgundy in 1647, then of Jean Racine, with large interpreters such as Montfleury and Champmeslé.
In 1660, the Commedia dell'Arte cohabits a time with the Hotel of Burgundy with the royal troop. In 1680, the troop amalgamates with that of the Hôtel Guénégaud, which already resulted from the meeting of the actors of the Théâtre of the Marsh with the troop of the Illustre Theater Molière, thus by an edict of Louis XIV was based a single and permanent troop: the Comédie-Française.
- All representations given to the Hotel of Burgundy and the Guénégaud Hotel on site CÉSAR.
|Random links:||Working capital | Pitbulls in the Nursery | Jean-Louis Ferrier | Forest of the Hague | Lycope d' Europe | Ne_pas_casser_le_serment|