The horticulture indicates the professional branches of the Agriculture devoted to the intensive production of Plante S for the food or the plantation of approval in the public or deprived Jardin S. It is to some extent to produce a maximum on a surface minimum. The term was formed on Latin hortus , Jardin. Horticulture is opposed to Agriculture within the meaning of extensive farming of full field ( ager , the field). It is to produce a maximum on large surfaces. One call “serrists” the professionals of the horticulture who produce under Serre S.
Its field of activity includes/understands food crops or decorative.
- the fruit-bearing Arboriculture, for the production of fruits of mouths
- the Floriculture for the production of decorative plants
- the Seedbed for the production of woody species, trees and shrubs of ornament or not.
- the sérriculture for the flower-dwelling production and of pépinère in greenhouse.
- paysagism, economic activity related on creation and the maintenance of garden or big spaces
Truck farmingTruck farming for the production of the Vegetable S.
- green vegetables of full field of season (Salad, Leek, Cabbages…)
- green vegetables under tunnels spring or except seasons
- the vegetables roots (Carrot, Turnip…)
- the vegetables stems (Asparagus, Potato…)
- the fruits (strawberry…)
- Production of seed S
- small fruits (Currant, blackcurrant…)
Fruit-bearing arboricultureThe fruit-bearing Arboriculture, for the production of fruits of mouths
- Production specialized in the form of orchards of trees stems of full wind (apple tree, pear tree, cherry tree, apricot tree, plum tree…)
- Production specialized in the form of orchards led in cord (apple tree, pear tree, kiwi…)
- Production of dry fruits (hazel nut, nut, sweet chestnut…)
Arboriculture indicates the human activity which consists in cultivating, to cut, or to take care to the trees. Fruit-bearing arboriculture is a branch of the arboriculture specialized in the culture of the fruit trees in order to collect the fruits of them.
- Production of plants with solid mass
- Production of green potfuls
- Production of potfuls flowered
- Production of Fleur S to cut
- Production of seed S
- Production of exotic plants
- Production of succulent plants (cactées, fatty plants, plants with caudex)
SeedbedThe seedbed for the production of woody species, trees and shrubs of ornament or not.
- Production of Trees
- Production of Shrubs
- Production of hardy perennials
- Production of subjects of big size
- Production of forest seedlings for afforestation
- Production of fruit-bearing seedlings for arboriculture
- Production of seed S
SerricultureThe serriculture is a specialization of the Maraîchage, Floriculture or Pépinière ''' tightens ''' of it.
- Creation of the plans of parks and gardens
- Plantations in parks and public gardens and private
- Creation of sports ground
- Maintenance of parks and public gardens and private
- Shearing of grassy spaces (highways)
- Pruning of trees all heights
In France, the cultures with industrial calling are rather the responsibility of producers specialized in margin of the horticulture. Often are companies of truck farming or farmers who reconvert themselves or diversify in the production of aromatic plants,
One cultivates approximately more than 20.000 Espèce S at decorative ends, for the parks and gardens, like exotic plants of interior or not, or for the production of cut flowers.
Starting from wild species or exceptional individuals the empirical selection or for a few years the genetic Sélection has allowed the horticultural firms and grainières and the research institutes specialized to have of varieties and spectacular Cultivar S.
For these companies, research and the development of new plants become vital in a competitive world where the effects of mode are increasingly important.
Para-horticultural productions abroad
The trades of this economic sector are generally trades of outside, hard because subjected to the climatic risks (rain, wind, snow, cold…). Employment under greenhouses is also less difficult but the containment of the air is particularly painful to support during estival heats.
However, these professions of outdoor are enthralling because the plants have all of the stories to tell us. Stories of their country of origin or stories on their obtainings, from the stories on the mediums where they live, from the things of importance because they learn how to know each species and will influence the mode of culture.
See tooCurt Backeberg, Charles Baltet
- To learn how to recognize the plants used in J.E.V - Data sheets, photographs, plays.
|Random links:||Mexican Argémone | Economy of Gambia | Center of optical and hertzian molecular physics | Assynt log | Khimik-SKA Novopolotsk | La_Sahara_occidental|