See also: Vienna
The department of High-Vienna ( 87 ) is a department French.
HistoryThe department was created with the French revolution, the March 4th 1790 pursuant to the law of the December 22nd 1789, starting from part of the province of the the Limousin.
Leitartikel: History of High-Vienna
High-Vienna belongs to the area the Limousin.
It is bordering on the departments of the Creuse, of the Corrèze, the the Dordogne, the Charente, the Vienna and the Indre.
The department is located on the north-western edge of the Massif Central; its altitude thus lies between 160 meters in the valley of Vienna and more than 750 meters close to the Lac of Vassivière, in the " montagne".
The culminating point of the department is the puy of Lauzat with a height of 777m.
Leitartikel: Geography of High-Vienna
ClimateLeitartikel: Climate of High-Vienna
EconomyLeitartikel: Economy of High-Vienna
DemographyThe inhabitants of High-Vienna are the High-Viennese .
Until XVIe century, the official language is the Limousin, dialect of the unit Occitan (beside the auvergnat, of the Languedocien, the Gascon and of Provence). It is the language of the first troubadours (trobadors in occitan, of trobar=trouver it topic, the rhyme… -). The Limousin remains the dominant oral language until the beginning of the XXe century, time as from which French takes the top, in particular by formal prohibition to speak the occitan at the school. The language thus as of the years 1930 is relegated little by little to the most rural zones, where she is still spoken daily today, especially by the natives limousins having more than 50 years.
One also finds a significance occitane in many patronyms and the majority of the toponyms limousins. The language especially left its trace in turnings of sentences (limousinisms) of Limousins, like in their accent.
TourismThe tourist principal asset of High-Vienna is nature (country holidays), but the built inheritance is also important. The ceramicses in Limoges and know-how are numerous: porcelain, enamel, wood, paper, glove factory,…). The baroque unit of Limoges, the farm of Villefavard carry high the colors of the classical music.
You can visit:
- the regional natural parks of Millevaches in the Limousin and the Périgord-Limousin
- the Lakes Vassivière (1000 ha) and Saint-Pardoux (330 ha)
- the forests (Rochechouart, Wood of the Scales…)
- the mountain Limousine
- the Mounts of Fair, Châlus and of Ambazac
- Limoges (cathedral St-Etienne, museums of Evéché and Adrien Dubouché (porcelain and enamels), parks and gardens, edges of Vienna, old bridges, old historical quarters, the Markets, the Saint-Martial crypt, the Station of the Benedictines,…)
- Saint-Junien, quoted gantière
- Rochechouart and its castle sheltering a museum of contemporary art
- Bellac and its collegial
- Oradour-on-Glane, its village martyr and its memorial
- Châlus and its castle, sits of dead of Richard Bussière-Gallant Lion-hearted
- and its bicycle-rail
- the train Vézère-Steamer
- space Paul Rebeyrolle of Eymoutiers
- the museum of Mineralogy of Ambazac
- the museum of Arts and popular Traditions of Châteauponsac
- Solignac: abbey, Roman bridge
- castles of Châlusset, Montbrun, Nexon, Essarts, Borie, Brie, Nieul, Bussy, the Strawberry…
- Turn of Castle-Chervix
- the Corot site in Saint-Junien
- rocks of Puychaud
- 6 lanterns of dead the
- Féériland, permanent exposure of giant models animated to Veyrac
- the regional pole of Arts of the Circus " Sirque" with Nexon
- Saint-Yrieix-the-Pole, quoted of the Kaolin, collegial of Moustier, turn of Plô, old city, museum of the Porcelain
- the Peaty of Dauges, national reserve
PolicyLeitartikel: Political of High-Vienna
List of the deputies of High-Vienna
- List of the senators of High-Vienna
- List of the general advisers of High-Vienna
- RDTHV (Department)
- Station of the Benedictines
- Airport of Limoges Bellegarde
AdministrationLeitartikel: Administration of High-Vienna
List of the prefects of High-Vienna
- Common of High-Vienna
- Old communes of High-Vienna
- General advice
- Departmental committee of tourism of High-Vienna
|Random links:||Luna 16 | Stereotypical Working Class | Urbano Santos da Costa Araújo | Carmen de Areco (partido) | Anadarko | Ares|