This page relates to the year 1134 Calendrier Julien.
The Middle East
- the Atabey of Damas Ismaël hardly listens to the advisers of its father nor of his grandfather Toghtekin. It raises new taxes, which causes the hostility of Damascènes. An old slave, Ailba, formerly with the service of Toghtekin, then try to assassinate it. Ismaël makes him acknowledge the reasons of its act and the names of those which according to him, wish its death. Ismaël makes them stop and carry out. Suspecting to his/her brother Sawinj, Ismaël makes it perish inanition in a cell. It is engaged in an infernal cycle, each execution by involving others to secure new revenges. Conscious of being able to prolong this situation, it decides to deliver the city to Zanki.
- the Normands of Sicily occupy the Eastern littoral of the Ifriqiya (fine in 1156): Jerba in 1134, Kerkennah in 1146, Sfax and Mahdia in 1148. Tunisia is opened with the trade of Genoa and Pisa.
- Died of Alphonse Ier d' Aragon after the battle of Fraga against the Almoravides. His/her Ramire brother, who has just been appointed bishop but was not established, succeeds to him.
- Beginning of the reign of Ramire II the Monk (1094 - 1154), king of Aragon (fine in 1137).
- Beginning of the reign of Garcia Ramirez the Restorer, king of Navarre (fine in 1150). It hardens the kingdom of Navarre after sixty years of Aragonese domination. Tudela is taken again in Aragon by Navarre.
- Charter of Lorris.
- a tidal wave opens a channel to bay of the Zwin, so that the town of Bruges has from now on an direct access with the the North Sea. This tidal wave has other consequence, like the parcelling out of the Zealand and the destruction of a cord of Dune S in the south of $the Hague.
Art & culture
Births in 1134
Death in 1134
- July 17th: Aimery II, Viscount of Narbonne, killed with the Battle of Fraga, in Aragon
- Alphonse Ier d' Aragon, in September.
- Robert II '' Courteheuse '', duke of Normandy
- Norbert de Xanten, founder about the Prémontrés
- nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
- Holy Etienne Harding, one of the founders of Cîteaux.
Map-bms: 1134 Simple: 1134
|Random links:||Roisel | Stereobate | Bathonien | Jacques Fleurent | Daniel Goldberg (homonymy) | Fer_à_cheval|