Heretic is a play of shooting to the first nobody developed by Raven Software, published by Id Software, distributed by WP Interactive and left in 1994. Heretic: Shadow off the Snake Riders , a more complete version including two new episodes, was sold starting from 1996.
In a Medieval-fantastic world , D' Sparil, the first of the three Chevaucheurs de Serpents, a trio of powerful demons, disseminates dead and ruins, only a hero elf, Corvus, can be drawn up in front of him and to overcome it.
A first continuation, Hexen, will prolong the history by telling the defeat of second Chevaucheur de Serpent and a second continuation, Heretic 2, will take again the history where it finished, namely with dead of Sparil, but while concentrating on the fate of Corvus, the hero having overcome it.
- the possibility of looking at upwards and to the bottom, the angle compared to the horizontal one remaining very limited for reason techniques.
- a system of Inventory allowing to collect objects and to use them later.
- the possibility of flying while precisely using an object of the inventory.
- Of the powerful Wind S deviating the player of his trajectory.
Heretic makes it possible to play four in network or two by Modem. The parts can be played in collaboratif mode or the ones against the others (or Deathmatch ). Seven Weapon S and several magic Sort S are usable by the player during his search.
The source code of Hexen was published by Raven Software in 1999 what allowed the development of alternate engines supporting acceleration material or turning under operating systems more modern than MS-DOS:
- GLHeretic for Windows
- GLHeretic for Linux
- WHMP (Windows Heretic Multi-Player)
- Gerald Brom illustrator of the play
Simple: Heretic (range)
|Random links:||Andrea del Sarto | Armand Pierre Caussin de Perceval | Zool 2 | Daniel Belinfante | Anne-Marie Losonczy | Kettering,_le_Maryland|