See also: Verneuil
Henri Verneuil , of his true name Achod Malakian , born the October 15th 1920 with Rodosto (Turkey) and dead the January 11th 2002 with Paris, is a Réalisateur and Scénariste of Cinéma French of Armenian origin . He told his childhood in his the last two films forming diptych: Mayrig and 588, rue Paradis .
December 1924: small refugee not speaking French, Henri Verneuil unloads at 4 years, on the quay of Joliette with Marseilles, with his survivor family of the Armenian genocide perpetrated by the government Young person-Turks of the Ottoman Empire.
- 1943 : after studies with Aix-en-Provence, he is initially engineer of the Arts and Métiers.
- 1944 : he is journalist with the magazine Horizon .
- 1947 : its first meeting with Fernandel, for a short film on Marseilles Stopover with the sun . Fernandel, already famous, agrees to turn with an unknown realizer.
- 1949 : he “goes up” to Paris, where he takes down an employment like Assistant realizer. In parallel, it turns several court-measurings.
- November 20th 1950: Henri Verneuil carries out its first large film the Table with burst the with Fernandel which interprets Urbain Coindet there.
- 1959 : first great success with the cinema: the Cow and the Prisoner , always with Fernandel, which becomes its actor fetish, and there interprets the role of Charles Bailly with the cow Marguerite .
- of 1959 with 1991, it carries out many successful films, putting in scene the largest French actors and foreigners: Jean Gabin, Fernandel, Jean-Paul Belmondo, Alain Delon, Philippe Noiret, Lino Ventura, Omar Sharif, Henry Founded, Yul Brynner etc
- 1991: it carries out Mayrig ( Maman in Armenian), a subject which is due to him in heart. Drawn from the book which he wrote after the death of his mother and who was translated in 37 languages, the film pays homage to all the Armenian mamas.
- 1996 : César of honor for the whole of its career.
- March 29th 2000: he is elected member of the Académie of the Art schools.
- Friday, January 11 2002: Henri Verneuil dies in a Parisian private clinic at the 81 years age.
- Thursday, January 17 2002: the religious funeral of Henri Verneuil is celebrated with the Armenian apostolic church of Paris, street Jean Goujon, in the presence of Alain Delon, Charles Aznavour, Pierre Cardin, Gerard Oury, Pierre Schoendoerffer, Claudia Cardinale, Jean Piat, Michel Drucker, Guy Lux, Daniel Toscan of Plantier and Georges Cravenne. It is then buried with the Saint-Pierre cemetery with Marseilles.
Catalog of filmsShort films
- 1947: Stopover with the sun
- Cuba in Montmartre
- Rhythmes of talkative Paris
- One sworn
- With the breeches of zouave
- has who it baby?
- Between two trains
- the Village fair with the songs
- the New Poor wretches
- Thirty-third room
- One day with Jacques Hélian and his orchestra
- the songs fly away
- Pipe dog
- One requires a gangster
- the Legend of Ground-White
- Art to be a broker
- 1952: the Table with burst the (+ scenario writer)
- 1952: Forbidden fruit (+ scenario writer)
- 1952: Brelan of ace
- 1953: the Baker of Valorgue
- 1953: Carnival
- 1953: the Public enemy n°1
- 1954: the World's wonder (+ scenario writer)
- 1955: Lovers of Tage
- 1955: Of people of no importance (+ scenario writer)
- 1956: Paris, De luxe hotel Hotel (+ scenario writer)
- 1957: a sleeve and beautiful the (+ scenario writer)
- 1958: Maxime (+ scenario writer)
- 1959: the Big boss (+ scenario writer)
- 1959: the Cow and the Prisoner (+ scenario writer)
- 1960: the one night Business
- 1960: the Frenchwoman and the love , film with sketches (“Adultery”)
- 1961: the President (+ scenario writer)
- 1961: the lions are released
- 1962: a monkey in winter
- 1963: Melody in basement
- 1964: A hundred and thousand dollars with the sun (+ scenario writer)
- 1964: Weekend in Zuydcoote
- 1967: the Twenty-fifth hour (+ scenario writer) (based on the homonymous novel of Virgil Gheorghiu)
- 1968: the Battle of San Sebastian ( The Guns for San Sebastian )
- 1969: the Clan of the Sicilians (+ scenario writer)
- 1971: the Break-in (+ scenario writer)
- 1973: the Snake (+ scenario writer)
- 1975: Fear on the city (+ scenario writer)
- 1976: the Body of my enemy (+ scenario writer)
- 1979: I like Icare (+ scenario writer)
- 1982: Thousand billion dollars (+ scenario writer)
- 1984: Morfalous (+ scenario writer)
- 1992: Mayrig (+ scenario writer)
- 1993: 588, rue Paradis (+ scenario writer)
- In 1956, it is nominated for the Oscar of the best scenario for the film the World's wonder .
- In 1980, it is nominated for the césar better scenario for I like Icare .
- In 1996, it receives César of honor for the whole of its career.
- 1956: Of people of no importance : 2,39 million entries
- 1959: the Cow and the Prisoner : 8,84 million entries
- 1961: the President : 2,78 million entries
- 1961: the lions are released : 2,05 million entries
- 1962: a monkey in winter : 2,12 million entries
- 1963: Melody in basement : 3,51 million entries
- 1963: A hundred and thousand dollars with the sun : 3,44 million entries
- 1964: Weekend in Zuydcoote : 3,15 million entries
- 1969: the Clan of the Sicilians : 4,82 million entries
- 1971: the Break-in : 4,46 million entries
- 1972: the Snake : 1,40 million entries
- 1975: Fear on the city : 3,95 million entries
- 1984: Morfalous : 3,62 million entries
- Henri Verneuil, a legend of the cinema (nonofficial site)
- complete records on Henri Verneuil on the site '' Feather-Black '' by Laurent Ziliani.
|Random links:||-196 | XyWrite | Trapps of Deccan | Robert Monckton | Southern bay | I' m has Man|