Helene Grimaud starts to play of the piano in 1976. She studies with Jacqueline Courtin with the Academy of Aix-en-Provence. In 1982, it joined Pierre Barbizet with the conservatory of Marseilles and is received with the Conservatoire of Paris in 1982, in the class of Jacques Rouvier. It obtains the first price of piano later three years. The same year, it records the Sonate n° 2 of Rachmaninov which will be worth to him the Grand Prix of the Disc of the Académie Charles-Cross-country race. It continues during two years the studies of third cycle reserved to the best prizes winner. In parallel, it obtains a diploma of ethology (study of the animal behavior in natural environment).
1987 mark a decisive turn in its career: Helene Grimaud takes part in the Midem of Cannes, with the festival of piano of the Roque of Anthéron, interprets its first recital as a soloist in Paris, plays with the Orchestre of Paris under the direction of Daniel Barenboïm and plays with many orchestras of other nations.
At 21 years, it settles with Tallahassee, in Florida. The meeting with a wolf the growth to be opened in 1991, with South Salem, in the State of New York and with the photographer John Henry Fair, Wolf Center Conservation, devoted to the study and the safeguard of the wolf. It is corresponding several scientific organizations and works for the reintroduction of the wolf in its natural environment.
It recently left the United States to settle with Berlin and in Suisse.
Discography; At Denon
- Rachmaninoff: sonata for piano 2 (1986)
- Chopin: ballade 1/Liszt: After a reading of Dante/Schumann: sonata for piano (1987)
- Schumann: Kreisleriana/Brahms: sonata for piano 2 (1989)
- Brahms: sonata for piano 3 and 6 parts for piano (1992)
- Rachmaninoff: concerto for piano 2/Ravel: concerto for piano (1993)
; At Erato
- Schumann: Concerto for piano/Strauss: Burleske (1995)
- Brahms: parts for piano COp. 116-119 (1996)
- Gershwin/Ravel: concertos for piano (1997)
- Brahms: concerto for piano 1 /Staatskapelle of Berlin, Dir. Kurt Sanderling (1998)
; At Teldec
- Beethoven: concerto for piano 4/Sonates for piano 30, op. 109 and 31, op. 110 (1999)
- Rachmaninov: concerto for piano 2 (2001)
; At Deutsche Grammophon
- Creed (2003)
- Chopin | Rachmaninov (2005)
- Bartok: concertos for piano (2005)
- Reflection (2006)
- Beethoven: concerto for piano 5 “the Emperor” /Sonate for piano 28, op. 101 (2007)
Literary worksIts books, primarily autobiographical, are also rich in stories and documentations on the wolf.
wild Variations , 2003
- particular Lessons , 2005
- the wolf, savage and attractive (foreword), 2006
- Official site of Helene Grimaud
- nonofficial Site
|Random links:||Epigonus | Drunk DK' Marine | Michael Olowokandi | Summon of Fejér | The atheologic Sum | Tontine|