GeographyThe borough is located on the northern slope of Préalpes appenzelloises. Its altitude lies between 400 meters (at the edge of the Lac of Constancy) and 790 meters.
HistoryThe area formed formerly the commune of Kurzenberg. In 1652, Heiden and Wolfhalden were detached because of too long way to borrow to go to the church located at Thal.
In 1848, Heiden started to develop like offering place of cure of the baths of small-milk. In 1860, its reputation had reached whole Europe. In 1850, one built way-of-iron with toothed rack Rorschach-Heiden, which was going soon to thus connect the young station to the Swiss railway network.
The hospital of district, which became the cantonal hospital, was built in 1874.
EconomyThe locality includes/understands some industrial companies, like the synthetic fabric manufacturer of Sefar precision or the manufacturer of printed circuits Varioprint. The curists contribute to the prosperity of the place, Heiden being the most attended health resort Appenzell.
- Way-of-iron with toothed rack Rorschach-Heiden, which belongs to the network of way-of-iron appenzellois.
- Lines of bus for Saint-Gall, Engelburg, Rheineck, St Margrethen, Heerbrugg, Altstätten, Trogen and Wald.
- Dunant Museum, in the house where Henry Dunant spent the eighteen last years of its life.
- Museum of the natural science
- reformed Church
- Town hall
- Heiden in the historical Dictionary of Switzerland
- Kurzenberg in the historical Dictionary of Switzerland
|Random links:||Caso gramatical | Denis Diderot | Fensch | Canossa | Henri Loyrette | Tevatron|