French revolution, the March 4th 1790 pursuant to the law of the December 22nd 1789, starting from part of the Champagne (Bassigny, Vallage, Perthois), of part of the Lorraine (Barrois) and of part of the Burgundy and Franche-Comté.
See also: History of Haute-Marne
See also the Armorial of the communes of Haute-Marne
See also: Geography of Haute-Marne
See also: Climate of Haute-Marne
Leitartikel: Economy of Haute-Marne
The inhabitants of Haute-Marne are the Haut-Marnais .
See also: Demography of Haute-Marne
Policy and Administration
Leitartikel: Political and administration of Haute-Marne
List of the deputies of Haute-Marne
- List of the senators of Haute-Marne
- List of the general advisers of Haute-Marne
- current Prefect: Yves Guillot
- List of the prefects of Haute-Marne
- List of the communes of Haute-Marne
- List of the old communes of Haute-Marne
the South of Haute-Marne is famous for basket making with old. Indeed with Bussière Belmont and Fayl-Block are the 20 last Vannier S of Haute-Marne. The Osier which is cultivated there is always worked manually, it gives rise to traditional objects (baskets, display units, hoods, bread bins…), but also with works of Article
the art of the Coutellerie is alive in Haute-Marne since XIVe century, notemment in the basin of Nogent. The country counted more than 10.000 workman-peasants cutlers. The Museum of the Cutlery of Nogent develops manufacture of the XVIIe century at our days.
Thanks to its natural wealths: water, wood, the iron ore, but also sand, Haute-Marne saw its territory covering metallurgical establishments. It is an ironmaster of the valley of the Blaise which will be retained in 1681 to provide to the Château of Versailles firebacks (400) and pipes of water supply. Towards 1830, in order to diversify, Haute-Marne engages in cast iron of Article Among the most known achievements appear the fountain Wallace which decorate the small places of Paris, the majestic statues which trônent in the main cities of the department, the ironwork " Art nouveau " of Hector Guimard which decorates the entries with the mouths of the Parisian Métro and standard lamps of the Fields-Elysées.
Leitartikel: Tourism in Haute-Marne
- Of north in the south, the cities and villages of Haute-Marne reserve for in love with authenticity and history the many ones and beautiful surprises. Here an not-exhaustive list of cities and remarkable villages; Arc-in-Barrois - Bourbonne-the-Baths - Bourmont - Châteauvillain - Chaumont - Colombey-the-Two-Churches - Cops - Joinville - Langres - Saint-Dizier - Wassy
- One of the characteristics of Haute-Marne east to have large forests where hunting can be practiced. With 250.000 ha of forests which cover almost half of the department, Haute-Marne is often regarded as one of the giboyeux sites richest of France.
Haute-Marne is not a department where are dissociated known culinary specialities. Since a score of year however, under the impulse of local government agencies, the producers put in front of the innovating products and of quality. The amateurs of fine gastronomy will find there wines, dairy products of which the famous cheese of Langres, livestock product, various delicacies and the truffle of Burgundy which will satisfy their palates.
See also: Gastronomy of Haute-Marne
Famous people born in Haute-Marne
- Marcel Arland
- Edmé Bouchardon
- Jackson Chanet
- Maurice Constantin-Weyer
- Charles Dadant
- Jeanne Darlays
- Denis Diderot
- Bernard Dimey
- Camille Flammarion
- Ernest Flammarion
- Jacques Gaillot
- Claude François Jouffroy d' Abbans
- Jean de Joinville
- Philippe Lebon
- Jeanne Mance
- Louise Michel
- Albin Michel
- Jean Tap
- Jules-Claude Ziegler
Famous people having lived in Haute-Marne
HAUTE-MARNE, thousand face to discover by Henri-Pierre JEUDY - Editions Martinère - 2002.
Haute-Marne, the encyclopedia by Jean BERTON and Martine GUYOT - Crepin-Leblond Editions - 2004.
Haute-Marne, the complete guide of its 423 communes by Michel Of the TORRE - Delogis-Lacoste Editions.
Armorial of Haute-Marne (the Blazons and Armorial bearings of the most former Haut-Marnaises families) by Philippe PALASI professor of heraldic at the school of the Louvre - Edition the PYTHAGORE - 2005.
the Historic atlas and Political of Haute-Marne by Stephan LAHIERRE Edition the PYTHAGORE - 2005.
- List of bridges of Haute-Marne
- (Fr) General advice
- (Fr) Tourist office
- (Fr) Haute-Marne on the Geneawiki site.
- (Fr) Directory of the sites public of Haute-Marne on the site of the Services Public.
- (Fr) the architectural heritage of Haute-Marne listed by the Historic buildings in the base Mérimée of the Ministry for the Culture.
- (Fr) the movable inheritance of Haute-Marne listed by the Historic buildings in the base Palissy of the Ministry for the Culture.
- (Fr) the iconographic inheritance of Haute-Marne listed by the Media library of the Inheritance, in the base Memory of the Ministry for the Culture.
- (Fr) the iconographic inheritance of Haute-Marne listed in the General Inventory, the base Memory of the Ministry for the Culture.
- (Fr) the bibliography of Haute-Marne recencée in the base Archidoc of the Ministry for the Culture.
- (Fr) Haute-Marne on the site the Tourism-High-Marne.
- (Fr) Anecdotes of the villages of Haute-Marne on the site of Jacques MARCHAL.
- (Fr) List of the old communes of Haute-Marne on the site of Yvon LERICHE.
- (Fr) List of the communes of Haute-Marne + old Postcards on the site of POWERFUL Joel.
- (Fr) communal Notes with the recencements of the communes current and disappeared on the site Cassini.EHESS
- (Fr) Chart, history, cantons, groupings on the site of the SPLAF.
- (Fr) Names of the inhabitants of Haute-Marne on the site Habitants.fr.
- (Fr) bell-towers of Haute-Marne on the site Bell-towers of France.
- (Fr) Haute-Marne on the site of Quid.
- (Fr) recencement of the population of the communes and the demographic statistics of the department on the site of INSEE.
- (Fr) the directory of the sites of the cities and villages of Haute-Marne on the France-picturesque site.
- (Fr) communes of Haute-Marne on the Gencom site.
- (Fr) war memorials of the communes of the High-Marne on the site Memorial-GenWeb.
- (Fr) mayors of the communes of Haute-Marne on the site Mayors-GenWeb.
- (Fr) Haute-Marne on the site France, treasures of the areas.
- (Fr) communes of Haute-Marne on the site Some share in France.
- (Fr) Postcards of Haute-Marne on the 123villages.com site.
- (Fr) Postcards of Haute-Marne on the GeneaNet site.
- (Fr) Works of art of Haute-Marne on the Structurae site.
- (Fr) Joinville out of Champagne
- (Fr) Doulevant Information - Haute-Marne
- (Fr) Blazons of Haute-Marne on the Geneawiki site.
|Random links:||April 8th | Brownie McGhee | Soucht | Préfailles | Haldir | Against time and obliteration | Action|