It was a commune with whole share before the fusion of the communes of 1977.
EtymologyThe name of Havré finds its origin in the old name Haverec .
GeographyHarbor is crossed by the channel of the Center. It is located beside City-on-Hatred.
To the 12th century, the seigniory of Harbor was given on a purely hereditary basis by the count de Hainaut with the lord of the manor of Mons for holding of this load.
After the first branch of Le Havre, the seigneurery passed successively to Enghien, Harcourt, Dunois, Longueville and finally to the Croÿ which will have it until the end of the Ancien Mode.
Harbor was a small rich commune of the 19th century until the Années 1950, with its wood, its refinery of salt, its tannery, its factory of tobacco, its powder factory for the cartridges, its glassmaking, its careers of Phosphate but more especially its coal mining which gave work to more than thousand men and women.
In the tertiary sector, Havré still has many trade, notammet a post office, some bakeries and three pharmacies.
Population according to the years
1846 : : 2043 inhabitants
- 1910: : 3689 inhabitants
- 1961: : 5225 inhabitants
- 1976: : 5390 inhabitants
- 1990: : 5500 inhabitants
Famous charactersIn 1569, Ambroise Paré, French surgeon of the 16th century, remained with the Château of Harbor: it successfully looked after there Charles-Philippe de Croÿ, marquis d' Havré, who had been wounded of a blow of arquebus.
|Random links:||Communes of the province of Verceil | Name Attic of the East | Knot-grass with sheets of sorrel | Marcella Mesker | Cyclostyle | Collines_de_sycomore,_Missouri|