The heart of the locality developed around a railway junction, and Hallsberg is known today as a place where one must stop to change trains. The railway station is oversize for the proper needs for the city. Hallsberg was declared municipalsamhälle (a type of city in its communes) in 1883 and obtained the title of commercial town in 1908. It is since 1971 the chief town of the large news Commune of Hallsberg.
Hallsberg is famous for its immense Marshalling yard and for its large Gare. The reason is that the railway lines (which come from almost all the cardinal Points) since or towards Stockholm, Gothenburg, Mjölby, Örebro and Karlstad meet here. Most important is the Västra stambanan (“Western principal line”). When the railway lines were built, Hallsberg developed around.
A remarkable monument of Hallsberg is the Bergööska House, built in the years 1880 and filled with paintings by Carl Larsson (a relative of the architect Ferdinand Boberg).
Principal industries are Volvo, Ahlsells, and the companies related to railway industry.
|Random links:||Alphabet side-Nigerian | ISO 3166-2: TJ | Picasso with Vallauris | Chester Gould | Veronica Carlson | Siku_(marque_déposée)|