Hacker (computer security)
In computer security, a hacker is a specialist laying out of an exceptional know-how in the control in the Computer security and thus in the means of thwarting this safety. Some of them use this know-how in a legal framework and others use it outlaw.
To correspond to this reality, the computerese classifies the hackers in various categories according to the degree of legality of their actions.
the white hats or White hat : consultants in safety, administrators networks or professional of the computer security, they have a direction of ethics and deontology. They are people carrying out of the tests of intrusions in agreement with their customers and the legislation in force in order to qualify the security level of their systems.
the black hats or Black hat : creators of virus, cyber-spies, cyber-terrorists and cyber-swindlers, acting outlaw with an aim either of harming or to benefit from their illegal acts. These hackers is sometimes harmful and do not have the same direction of ethics as White hats. Most harmful are then called Crasher S .
the gray hats or Grey hat : if they do not hesitate to penetrate in the systems without being authorized there, they do not have as an original intention harm. It is often the “data-processing exploit” which justifies them, a way of doing the proof of their agility. This category recovers the broad panel of anybody being between the Black hat and the White hat (many hackers is without considered Black Hat to be harmful).
the Script kiddies : generally without much competence, those pirate more by desire to be pointed out that progression, by using programs coded by someone else. These people are not strictly speaking hackers, but they are generally regarded as tel.
He would be reducing to generalize the case and to deduce the white hats from them are the nice and the black hats are the malicious S. Indeed, of many debates are done between the two camps and no camp succeeded in proving that his was to it the way to be followed. Many White hats serve only their interests whereas other Black hats protect those from the others. It is besides a subject of recurring troll.
Thus, all the hackers in safety are not hackers.
Famous associations of hackers
Principal the groups of hackers is:
- The Cult off the Dead Cow (creative of Back Opening 2000, a software of remote takeover)
- 2600 (New Yorkean hacker group; the frequency of the whistle of the Captain Crunch was of 2600 Hz)
- H2F (group of French Hackers to the departure, then world, creates in 2000)
Demonstrations of hackers
Since the end of the Years 1980, certain groups organize regular “demonstrations”, like:
- DEF IDIOT : many a def idiots was organized since 1983
- Chaos Communication Congress (organized by the Chaos Computer Club, every year between Christmas and the New Year's Day)
- Chaos Communication Camp (organized by the Chaos Computer Club, every four years, in 1999 and 2003)
- Black Hat Briefings
- Hackers one Planet Earth
- Hackathon (organized by the Projet OpenBSD, all years since 1999)
Other gatherings change name each time, like those organized initially by this plain group of the Netherlands around the magazine Hack-Tic:
- Galactic Hacker Party in 1989
- Hacking At the End off the Universe in 1993
- Hacking In Progress in 1997 which gathered nearly two thousand people
- Broad Hackers At in 2001 which gathered more than three thousand people
- What The Hack in 2005 which gathered more than two thousand people
Hackers in safety famous
daN Berstein: author of Qmail and Djbdns, also mathematician and cryptographe.
- Kevin Mitnick infiltrated in some of largest the Internet sites made safe, like that of NASA or that of the pentagon.
- Steve Wozniak : the cofounder of Apple started by working on tools intended for the Phreaking .
- Proclamation of the hacker
- Information system security
- Insecurity of the information system
|Random links:||Line 115 | 2005 concerned videos | Henning Bendtsen | Paul-Marie Masson | Marchal Baghramian (subway of Erevan) | Bill_Wedekind|