Gus Van Sant
BiographyImpassioned since its more young age by art and painting, Gus Van Sant is graduate of Rhode Island School off Design in 1970. It realizes and produced in 1985 its first Feature-length film, Mala Noche , a homosexual history filmed in Noir and white in 16 mm, works which is preceded by the Association of criticisms of Los Angeles. In 1989, it makes its second film Drugstore Cowboy , a road movie where young drug addicts are in the search of money in order to satisfy their addiction.
Gus Van Sant was nominated with the Oscar in 1998 in the category better realizer for Will Hunting and gained in 2003 the price of the setting in scene and the Palme of Gold to the Cannes festival for its Film Elephant . Cannes also enabled him to gain the flat price of the 60ème Cannes festival for its film Paranoid Park.
Van Sant wrote the scenarios of the majority of its first films. It published the novel Pink , the book of photography 108 Portraits and two albums of music: Gus Van Sant and 18 Songs Butt Golf .
Van Sant is homosexual and several of its films comprise homosexual characters. Thanks to two short-measurings, it gained a Teddy Award with the Berlinale in 1987, the first year when it was allotted.
Catalog of films
- 1985 : Mala Noche
- 1989 : Drugstore Cowboy
- 1991: My Own Private Idaho , preceded with the Festival of the American cinema of Deauville.
- 1993 : Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
- 1995: Lends to all ( To Die For )
- 1997: Will Hunting ( Good Will Hunting )
- 1998: Psycho
- 2000 : With the meeting of Forrester ( Finding Forrester )
- 2002: Gerry
- 2003 : Elephant , gold Palm and price of the setting in scene to the Cannes festival.
- 2005 : Last Days
- 2006 : Paris, I love you , (segment 4th district)
- 2007: Paranoid Park
- 2008 : 8 (segment Reduce child mortality )
- Soon (2009): The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test
|Random links:||Canton of Brest-The Hermitage-Gouesnou | Valeri Karpine | Hamish Linklater | Mack V. Wright | Signature (arithmetic) | Sous-marin_de_classe_de_la_Virginie|