The name of Guernes would derive from a name of origin Germanic, Warnus , fortification.
The inhabitants are called Guernois.
GeographyThe commune of Guernes is bordering the Seine. It is bordering on Saint-Martin-the-Garenne in north, of Follainville-Dennemont in the east. In the west and the south, it is bordered by the Seine which separates it from the Rosny-on-Seine and Rolleboise. It includes towards the south several island S of the Seine, of which the island of Guernes and the island of Rosny. Towards the west, on the site of wood of Flicourt, old arranged sand pits lodge, on 36 ha, a diversified fauna of Oiseau X watery.
The commune is served by a departmental way in dead end connecting it to Limay.
- Of the prehistoric tools was found on the territory of Guernes, which does not prove nevertheless the establishment of a prehistoric habitat.
- the existence of the parish is attested since the 13th century.
- January 10th 1924: collapse of the bell-tower of the old church.
- August 20th 1944: crossing of the Seine by the army of the general Patton on a bridge of boats connecting Guernes to Rosny.
- Notre-Dame Church: church in Reinforced concrete built between 1948 and 1953 and devoted on January 10th, 1954 under the term of Notre-Dame. It replaces an old church dating from the 16th century, devoted in 1521 pennies the term of Notre-Dame, who was demolished in 1948.
- Sand pits.
- regional Field of Flicourt: it is about an academy of the natural environments created by the Agence of the green areas of the area of Ile-de-France on old sand pits reassigned free at the end of the exploitation by the Compagnie of the sand pits of the Seine. One can in particular observe there many species of water birds: shovelers, large crested cormorants, grèbes, will hérons ashy, teals, etc
- Common of Yvelines
- Images of Guernes
- Guernes on the site of [[the national geographical Institute (France)|IGN]]
- Guernes on the site of [[INSEE]] the
- Seen air of the commune of Guernes on the site of [[Iaurif]] the
- Guernes on Google Maps:
- Situation and plan
- Seen satellite
|Random links:||Entérite | Plague (agriculture) | Crimson scale | Pascal Morelli | Peugeot - Citroen Caen | Colchester,_le_Connecticut|