The Guangdong (廣東/广东; EFEO: Kouangtong ; Pinyin Guǎngdōng ) is a province of the southern part of the China.
- Chief town Canton (Guangzhou).
- Shenzhen (深圳), mushroom town, governed by a particular administration, which strongly developed thanks to its border with the free port of HongKong. What was not yet that a village of fishermen there is twenty years is in 2005 a gigantic industrial town directed towards industry high-tech.
Source: World Gazetteer
EconomyThe province of Guangdong east one of richest of continental China. The province contributes to approximately 12 % of the national wealth. Guangdong has three of the special economic zones of the Popular republic of China, i.e. Shenzhen, Shantou and Zhuhai. The economic activity is mainly secondary and tertiary.
The province of Canton absorbs more half of the overseas investments in China. The wages are higher from two to three times at the Chinese national average.
In 2005, total GDP was of 479,2 billion Yuan S, and the GDP per capita of: 57491 yuans .
DemographyThe area counts according to the governmental statistics 80 million inhabitants. The majority of the population is of ethnos group han, the minorities being mainly Miao (hmongs), zhuang, Li and yao.
The Chinese Diaspora originating in this province in the Western countries exceeds the 20 million.
HealthThis area, according to the genetic studies not officieles of the virus H5N1 of the Avian flu, would be the zone of origin of this virus.
- Cantonese, language spread in the province, like with HongKong.
- the teochew spoken in the East about Guangdong, dialect resulting from the language Minnan.
- It is as in Guangdong as one speaks more the Dzao min and the Hakka.
- Cantonese Kitchen, regarded in China as one of best, it is varied from it. A Cantonese proverb said besides on this subject: “All that has four feet eats, except the tables and the chairs. ”
- List of the prisons of the province of Guangdong
- List of the name changes of the important cities of the province Guangdong
- governmental Site -
- Guangdong - Guide of front transmission OJ
- Chart large size of Guangdong
- districts of Guangdong
- Information on the camps of work in the province of Guangdong
Zh-min-nan: Kńg-tang Zh-yue: 廣東
|Random links:||Villasavary | Alwil Software | Economy of Suriname | Wassila Bourguiba | Airport of Rotterdam | Laura_Bush|