Greg , of its true name Michel Regnier , (born the May 5th 1931 with Ixelles, dead the October 29th 1999) is a draftsman, scenario writer, editor association and literary director of Belgian Cartoon .
It grows with Herstal, close to Liege. Greg prints its first newspaper, the Newspaper of Nouny , in 1943. Greg disappears in 1999, leaving a monumental work, considered as one of most important and more innovating of the data base It is especially known for its character Achille Talon.
Resumptions of existing seriesGreg is able to adapt to various styles and excels when it is a question of writing scenarios for existing series.
Spirou and FantasioBetween 1960 and 1966, Greg Co-writing of the scenarios for the series Spirou, drawn by Franquin: the Traveller of Mesozoic the (1960), the prisoner of the Buddha (1960), Z like Zorglub (1961), Shade of Z , (1962), Tembo Taboo (1964) and QRN on Bretzelburg (1966).
It is difficult to distinguish the contribution of Greg in these albums because Franquin was known to completely modify the screen established by its scenario writers.
Modeste and PomponAlso with Franquin, Greg writes gags of Modeste and Pompon, towards the end of the year 1950.
Adventures of TintinIn 1958, Hergé, author of the adventures of Tintin broken down of inspiration, require of Greg to conceive a project of adventure for its famous series. Greg works with Hergé on two projects, the Pills and Tintin and Thermozéro . Both follow the model of a unrestrained Race-continuation to the continuation of an object to the center of many covetousnesses, namely of the radioactive pills in the first project, and a bomb of a new type in the second. Greg makes a remarkable work; as with its practice it adopts the style of the series perfectly and succeeds in writing a scenario of enthralling Tintin, funny and worthy of the best scenarios hergéens . It is perhaps that which will obstruct Hergé which stops finally the project. Later, Hergé declared with Benoît Peeters (in " Le Monde d' Hergé'): " I tried to work with Greg which composed me a very good scenario, but a scenario which I never used, because I felt captive of a yoke of which I could not to any more escape me. ".
In 1972, Greg, obviously definitely less inspired, write a scenario, rather disappointing, for a cartoon of Tintin ( Tintin and the lake with the sharks ), also adapted as a cartoon by the Studio Hergé.
Greg remains however enough appreciated collaborators of Hergé since, in 1983, when Hergé dies leaving a project of unfinished album ( Tintin and Alph-Art ), its collaborator Bob De Moor projète to nearer complete the project in company of Greg to complete the scenario. De Moor ran up however against the refusal of Fanny Remi, widow of Hergé, which, after having initially endorsed the project, was convinced by Benoît Peeters to go into reverse.
Cruising has funWith the the United States, Greg also writes scenarios for certain episodes of the television series cruising has fun ( The Love Boat ).
Personal creationsVery prolific, Greg creates also many other series.
Among most notable one can quote two realistic series with the draftsman Hermann (Comanche and Bernard Prince), a series of science fiction (Luc Orient), another reporting the adventures of secret agents (Bruno Brazil, with the draftsman William Vance), a whimsical series of a great poetry (Olivier Rameau, with the draftsman Dany), etc
However its most remarkable creation is certainly Achille Talon, created in November 1963 for the magazine Pilote .
Achille Talon is recognized for qualities of its dialog shining and end, is filled of cultural allusions and tasty puns, which are worth to him to appear by whole pages in the school handbooks, and to be the subject of several theses of doctorate. If he forever received the Grand Prix of Angouleme, he saw himself devoted in January 1999 by the exposure-retrospective " ABCDEF GREG…! " , conceived by Dominique Poncet and Benoit Mouchart. With this last, Greg in addition published the same year an enthralling collection of talks to the Dargaud editions: " Michel Greg, Dialogs without bulles" (collection Portraits)/
In the Nineties, it publishes a collection of aphorisms, " He thus thinks I suis" , some share between Wilde Oscar and Sacha Guitry.
For the n°100 of the decadal nationalist Le_Libre_Journal_de_la_France_Courtoise, of Serge de Beketch, Greg illustrated the one with its character-worship Achille Talon.
Draftsman and scenario writer
- Achilles Talon (42 volumes of 1966 to 1996)
- Aces (7 volumes of 1963 to 1968)
- Babiole and Zou (1 volume in 1985)
- Constant Concern (a volume in 1967)
- Peak and NIC (4 volumes of 1995 to 1999)
- Rock'n'roll Derby (7 volumes of 1974 to 1980)
- Guy and Puce (6 volumes of 1963 to 1969)
- Alice with the country of the wonders (1 volume in 1973)
- Bernard Prince (17 volumes and one Except Series of 1966 to 1980)
- money Racing cars (1 volume in 1981)
- Bruno Brazil (11 volumes and one Except Series of 1969 to 1995)
- Chick Bill (20 volumes of 1974 to 1988)
- Chlorophyl (2 volumes in 1973 and 1974)
- Clifton (1 volume in 1978)
- the Club of fear-of-nothing (5 volumes of 1966 to 1986)
- Cobalt (2 volumes in 1976 and 1981)
- Colby (3 volumes of 1991 to 1997)
- Comanche (14 volumes of 1972 to 1997)
- Corentin (7 volumes of 1950 to 1974)
- Domino (1 volume in 1979)
- Flamme of Money (2 volumes in 1965 and 1968)
- Frère Boudin (2 volumes in 1977 and 1978)
- Go West (1 volume in 1979)
- OJ Cloud and Kay Mac Cloud (1 volume in 1976)
- Johnny Congo (2 volumes in 1993 and 1994)
- Line (5 volumes of 1955 to 1971)
- Luc Orient (14 volumes of 1969 to 1981)
- Marsupilami (2 volumes of 1987 to 1988)
- Modeste and Pompon (37 gags)
- Mouminet and Alphonse (1 volume in 1984)
- Shipwrecked men of Arroyoka (1 volume in 1975)
- Olivier Branch (11 volumes and one Except Series of 1970 to 1987)
- Panthers (3 volumes of 1974 to 1975)
- Petitpas Prudence (2 volumes in 1962 and 1987)
- Spaghetti (1 volume in 1982)
- Spirou and Fantasio (6 volumes of 1960 to 1976)
- Banco Tommy (1 volume in 1974)
- Michel Greg, dialogs without bubbles , by Benoit Mouchart, Dargaud editions, 1999 ISBN 2-205-04786-8
- HAS, B, C, E, F… Greg!
|Random links:||Companions of Jéhu | Bousquet | Europe of the South | Seewoosagur Ramgoolam | Canton of Lauzet-Ubaye | Liste_de_matières_de_base_de_théâtre|