Distilling was founded the May 29th 1897 on the grounds of the farm of Tauchers, from where its name. Distilling was built by a duet of investors W.P. Lowrie and an assembler of Glasgow, James Buchanan. One of the keys of the installation of a distilling at this place was its accessibility as well by the road as by the rail. James Buchanan marketed since 1884 of the Blend S under the name of Buchanan Blend . Its assembly was quickly an enormous success. It changed its name to adopt that which the general public had given him because of the color of its bottles: Black and White . Buchanan quickly formed part of the 3 larger assemblers of Scotland with Dewars and Johnny Walker.
In 1906 James Buchanan became sole owner of Glentauchers. It launches the production of a there individual malt with a distillation uninterrupted.
In 1925 distilling passes under the cut of the Distillers Company Ltd . It is completely rebuilt in 1965 to triple its production capacity there. Glentauchers has 3 today wash stills, 3 spirit stills in the onion shape. Its individual malt malt is very representative of malts of the Speyside marked by the ripe cereal and fruits.
Distilling does not market an individual malt in proper name. The near total of the production is resold with the assemblers for the manufacture of the blends Black&White and Ballantine' S.
Two independent bottlers propose today individual malt with the sale:
- Gordon & Macphail: Glentauchers 1990 40%
- Duncan Taylor: Glentauchers 1990 Whiskey Galore 46%
|Random links:||RadiÃ³metro de Crookes | Worldwide organization of the movement scout | Vital functions | County of Lingbi | Yohana Sánchez | Carlos Delgado Chalbaud | Baalath-Bière|