Giulio Benso (Pieve di Teco, October 30th, 1592 - Pieve di Teco, 1668) is a painter of the school génoise.
BiographyIt had opportunity of achieving its artistic formation under the protection of an important patron génois, Giovanni Carlo Doria, which in addition to receiving it in its palates of Genoa, enabled him to attend the '' Accademia del Nudo '' (Academy of Naked) and to the important school Giovanni Battista Paggi recommended it. He knew many artists who were accepted at the house Doria, among which Giulio César Procaccini.
He worked especially in Ligurie, between Genoa and Pieve de Teco, but its fame, quickly conquered, made it wish even abroad. It thus on the occasion to work with Cagnes-sur-Mer to decorate a room with Palais Grimaldi with the fall of Phaéton and to send several of its works to the Abbey of Weingarten in Germany of the south.
In the years 1640, it carried out its masterpiece: its frescos with the presbytery and in the apse of the Basilica della Santissima Year del Vastato.
Late works of Benso are characterized by details looked after in particular in the painting of draped characters.
In 1659, it carried out the Sposalizio of Vergine for the oratory of S. Announced Spotorno, work which returns in a cycle of four fabrics dedicated to the stories mariales and which sees to also imply the painters Domenico Piola and Gio Battista Merano.
- Lapidazione di Santo Stefano - (~1630) preparatory drawing, Kestner-Museum, Hannover
- Partita have scacchi sotto walled it di Troia (1637-1639)
- the Year della Vergine (1640-1644), frescos, Basilica della Santissima Annunziata del Vastato, Genoa
- Immacolata Concezione (1640-1644), Basilica della Santissima Annunziata del Vastato, Genoa
- the abbraccio dei santi Gioacchino E Anna (1640-1644), Basilica della Santissima Annunziata del Vastato, Genoa
- the caduta di Fetonte , frescos, castle of Cagnes-sur-Mer
- Matrimonio della Vergine (1659), oratory of Santissima Year, Spotorno
- Vergine collar Bambino E I Santi Benedetto E Scolastica , Abbazia Benedettina, Weingarten
- Trinità adorata dai Santi , Abbazia Benedettina, Weingarten
- Crocefissione , Abbazia Benedettina, Weingarten
- Cacciata di Santo Stefano dal Tempio (1667), Abbazia Benedettina, Weingarten
- Shutters of decoration of the dresser of large the organ of the Dome San Lorenzo (1634-1655)
|Random links:||Piera Aulagnier | Calixtinus codex | Air force of the Moroccan gendarmerie | Rene Manaut | Army of the Serb Republic of Bosnia | Karshvar|