It Marie in 1928 with Nini Gordini (one of its partners) and will have a son, Antonio.
It will also make the doubling of American works, becoming, in turn, Laurence Olivier and Orson Welles for their films shakespeariens, Clark Gable in It happened one night (F.Capra - 1934), James Mason in Pandora (A.Lewin - 1950), James Stewart in Harvey (H.Koster -1950) or Michael Redgrave in Mourning sied in Electra (D.Nichols - 1947).
Cosmopolitan actor, it works for all Europe (in particular in France, in Spain, in England!), not neglecting either the theater where it becomes the Cyrano last opera directed by Raymond Rouleau, Cardinal Lambertini and Cyrano of Bergerac or Becket in a creation of Jean Anouilh (it had played the terrible Parents besides in 1945).
It is especially known general public for its role of Peppone, the communist mayor of Brescello, adversary of Fernandel playing the part of Don Camillo. The five films of Gift Camillo where they divided the high-speed motorboat, with a great complicity, were carried out over one 15 years period.
In end of a career, it incarnates the Commissaire Maigret during six years for Italian television, series which will give a film for the big screen, Maigret with Pigalle of Mario Landi (1966), produced by his son, Antonio Cervi, where it finds the playwright Andreina Pagnani in the role of his wife.
Selective catalog of films
Border (Meano - 1934)
- Aldebaran in 1935
- Ettore Fieramosca in 1938
- Avventura di Salvator Rosa in 1939
- the iron Crown (subtitle in Tarzan France in the Hooligans!) in 1940
- Four steps in the Clouds in 1942
- Nessuno torna Indietro in 1943.
- Melody eterne in 1940
- Tristi amori in 1943
- the Eagle Black 1946
- the Poor wretches 1947
- the Small world of Gift Camillo in 1951
- a Woman for one night (Camerini - 1952)
- the Three Musketeers : Porthos (1953)
- the Return of Gift Camillo (1953)
- the Great brawl of Gift Camillo (1955)
- Guardia, guardia scelta, brigadiere E maresciallo (M.Bolognini - 1956)
- the Flame which does not die out (Vittorio Cottafavi - 1949)
- the Queen of Sheba (1952)
- the Lady without camellia (1952)
- Station Terminus (Vittorio de Sica - 1952)
- Château of the cursed lovers (Riccardo Freda - 1956)
- the big boss (Henri Verneuil - 1959)
- Gift Camillo Monseigneur (1961)
- the Good king Dagobert (Pierre Knight - 1963)
- Gift Camillo in Russia (1965)
|Random links:||Lorraine Francique | Regiment of Béarn | Contrisson | Jean-Baptiste Lebas | Robertson Stadium | Musique_de_New_York_City|