Assisted by his Herve brother as a copilot, he is regarded as the expert Tarmac as can testify to them his seven victories in championship to the world of the Rally: two Turn of Corsica, three Rally Sanremo and two Rally of Catalonia (where it carries out in 2002, in front of many crowd massed with Viladrau, masterly and historical a 360°), all on rallys completely or with strong dominant asphalts. However, it was not likely true to prove its talents on other grounds, its stable of the time, Peugeot-Sport, preferring to align a pilot plus specialist in these rallys.
Residing in Principality of Monaco, it forever been able to shine at the time of the Rallye Monte Carlo… Its first participation into World took place at the time of its “local” test in 1990, at the wheel of a Lancia Delta HF (16th Scratch, 4th of the Group NR), it engaged as a pilot deprived in 1999, at the wheel of a Subaru Impreza WRC and dominated all there the official pilots at the time of the first two stages, with the general surprise, before having to give up following an route exit over an ice floe in the Col of Turini the last day.
Under official contract at Peugeot-Sport of 1993 (after its victory in 1992 in the “Wheel Peugeot Shell”) until in 2003, it took part in the development of various the Peugeot committed in rallys in Championship of France and Championship of the World: Peugeot 106 XSI, Peugeot 106 Rally, Peugeot 306 s16, Peugeot 306 Maximum and Peugeot 206 WRC with many successes with the key.
In 2006, after the withdrawal of Mitsubishi of the Championship of the World of the Rallys, it controls a Skoda Fabia WRC of the private stable Red Bull with which it takes part in the Rallye Monte Carlo and with the Rallye of Catalonia but it will never find good feelings with the car, this one being almost inconduisible in certain special. Gilles thus decides to break his contract with the team Skoda at the conclusion of the Rallye of Catalonia, not taking part even in the Tour of Corsica.
With the arrival of the Intercontinental Rally Challenge, intended for the news Super 2000 it reinstates Peugeot-Sport as a pilot developer of the news Peugeot 207 S2000. It will make him make its first turns of wheels in rally, as an official opener of the Rallye of Antibes 2006.
It is currently (March 2007) under discussion to take part in the championship IRC 2007 at the wheel of a Peugeot 207 S2000…
- 1987 Beginnings in competition (Opel Manta GT/E)
- 1988 Vice-Champion of the League Riviera (Opel Manta GT/E)
- 1989 Elected Hope of the Year Exhaust (Opel Manta GT/E and Renault 5 WP Turbo)
- 1990 First participation in Championship of the World (Monte Carlo - Lancia Delta HF Groups NR)
- 1991 Stealing Peugeot Shell - 2 victories (Peugeot 309 GTI 16S)
- 1992 Vainqueur of the Wheel Peugeot Shell (Peugeot 309 GTI 16S)
- 1993 official Pilot Peugeot-Sport (Peugeot 106 XSI) - Member of the Team of France Hopes Rally
- 1994 Peugeot 106 Rally and development of the Peugeot 306 S16
- 1995 Peugeot 306 S16 and development of the Peugeot 306 Maximum
- 1996 Champion of France of the Rallys (Peugeot 306 Maximum)
- 1997 Champion of France of the Rallys (Peugeot 306 Maximum)
- 1998 Victorious of the Corte Ingles (Championship of Europe) (Peugeot 306 Maximum)
- 1999 Rally Monte Carlo Abandonment whereas it was at the head (Subaru Impreza WRC) - Beginnings of the Peugeot 206 WRC
- 2000 Peugeot 206 WRC Two victories in Championship of the World: Turn of Corsica and Rally Sanremo
- 2001 Peugeot 206 WRC a victory in Championship of the World: Rally Sanremo
- 2002 Peugeot 206 WRC Three victories in Championship of the World: Turn of Corsica, Rally Sanremo and Rally of Catalonia
- 2003 Peugeot 206 WRC a victory in Championship of the World: Rallye of Catalonia
- 2004 official Pilote Mitsubishi - Development of Throw WRC
- 2005 official Pilot Mitsubishi - has semi-season the team throws sponge!
- 2006 Team Red-Bull Skoda (see higher) - Responsible for the development of the Peugeot 207 S2000
Victories in Championship of the World (WRC) - 7 -
- Turn of Corsica 2000 and 2002 (Peugeot 206 WRC)
- Rally Sanremo 2000, 2001 and 2002 (Peugeot 206 WRC)
- Rally of Catalonia 2002 and 2003 (Peugeot 206 WRC)
|Random links:||Guillaume Trepsat | Benjamin de Tudèle | Arantza | Rock'n'roll the Live House! | Kenavo | Traci_Harding|