BiographyAfter having furbished its weapons in Karting until its 19 years, Giancarlo Fisichella reaches the championship of Italy of Formule 3 in 1992. Vice-champion in 1993, it is titrated in 1994, with premium a victory with the Grand Prix of Monaco de Formule 3. In 1995, it briefly leaves the single-seater to take part in the German championship DTM on an Alfa Romeo. In 1996, it reaches the Formule 1 within the modest Italian team Minardi. It disputes only one partial season, obliged to yield its wheel to semi-season with its compatriot Giovanni Lavaggi, a gentleman-driver which brings a complement of budget. In parallel, it runs in International Touring Because Championship (the international variation of the DTM), always at Alfa Romeo, and carries out tests Formulates of them 1 for the Scuderia Ferrari.
After this season of training, it joined the stable Jordan Grand Prix for the season 1997 during which it marks 20 points, while gradually taking the ascending one on its team-member Ralf Schumacher. It joined then the stable Benetton, of which it will defend the colors four seasons lasting (1998, 1999,2000,2001), each one enamelled of exploits which assoient its reputation of extremely talented pilot: it signs its first pole position in Austria in 1998, goes up on several occasions on the podium, and dominates constantly its team-member Alexander Wurz. But unfortunately for Fisichella, its beautiful services correspond to the decline of the Benetton stable and do not allow him to fight for the victory. At the beginning of 2000, Renault repurchases Benetton, but that does not result in an immediate rise of the competitiveness of the single-seaters of Enstone since Benetton is used as " laboratoire" in Renault before the official return of the mark to the rhombus in 2002. In 2001, the daring V-engine with 111° which propels Fisichella and its young team-member Jenson Button requires a development which the Italian must assume during one season with the paces of martyrdom. However some clearings will arrive at the end of the season, until the apogee: on the Circuit of Spa-Francorchamps it takes down a splendid podium. But in dissension with Renault and Flavio Briatore on the methods of the renewal of its contract, it cannot take part in the official beginnings of the Renault F1 TEAM and must leave this promising team to leave her place to its compatriot Jarno Trulli, whom it replaces at Jordan Grand Prix.
This season 2002 within the team which saw it hatching will be mitigated, her single-seater not being clearly in agreement with its talent. That does not prevent it from marking 7 points is almost the totality of the score of the stable Jordan, his/her comrade of galère Takuma Sato not having nowhere shone except on its native ground. It piles up again in the stable of Eddie Jordan the following season, for one paradoxical season, since if it were overall catastrophic, it was the framework of its first victory in F1, at the time of a GP of Brazil disputed under dantesques conditions. In the confusion of the end of the road, the victory is even granted to Kimi Räikkönen and it is only in the following days that TRUSTED it, after revisionnage of the events of the last turns, grants the victory to Fisichella. However, because of the low performance level and of reliability of its Jordan-Ford, it will rejoin the arrival in the points only another time in 2003, with the Grand Prix of the United States. Proof of the regard which the medium of F1 carries to him, it is elected " Pilot of Pilotes" by its pars at the end of the year, but no signal-TEAM seems inclined to offer an opportunity to him.
In 2004, it is in the stable of Peter Sauber, one of its large admirors, whom it finds refuge, dividing the wheel of the C23 with Felipe Massa. With the one season old wire once again impeccable, it marks two thirds of the points of the stable, with in particular one 4th place with the Grand Prix of Canada. Semi-2004, in the middle of a market of the transfers very animated, Giancarlo Fisichella is seen approaching by two signal-teams for 2005: the Renault F1 TEAM and Williams - BMW. From the bonds which it wove within the French stable, it joined Fernando Alonso in the bucket of the one of both Renault R25, and replaces Jarno Trulli.
Very waited, profiting finally from a car able to play gains it with each race, Fisichella gains the first Grand Prix of the season in Australia. But the continuation proves more delicate since for the first time of its career, it is dominated by its fellow-member. While Alonso slips by towards the world title, Giancarlo multiplies the performances in half-tone and is shown less impressive than with the accustomed one. To that is added a certain bad luck and several preoccupations with a mechanical order. Its contribution makes it possible nevertheless Renault to take down the two world titles. The season 2006 confirms the tendency of 2005, since Fisichella continues to be clearly dominated by Alonso and that in spite of a new victory (in Malaysia), it does not manage to be involved in the fight for the world title. But the announced departure of Alonso at McLaren enables him nevertheless to solidify its position at Renault, with which it renewed its contract for 2007.
- With its manager Enrico Zanarini, Fichella created its own stable in 2005, the Fisichella Motor Sport. The team disputes the championship of Euroseries 3000 like, since 2006, that of GP2 Series, where it is committed under the name of FMS International.
- In June 2007, Giancarlo also announced the launching of Fisichella Motor Sport Academy, a school intended to prepare with the various trades of the mechanical sports.
Career pre-Formula 1
- 1984 - 88: Karting
- 1989: Karting, Europe, 2nd/Karting, International, 4th
- 1990: Karting 100 cm ³, Italy, 5th
- 1991: F. Esparto Boxer
- 1992: F3, Italy, 8th
- 1993: F3, Italy, 2nd
- 1994: F3, Italy, 1e
- 1995: DTM (Alfa Romeo), 15th
Statistics Formulates 1 of them( After the Grand Prix of Great Britain 2007 )
Many seasons in F1: 12
- Grands Prix disputés' : 187
- Victories : 3 ( is 1,60% )
- marked Points : 263
- Average of pts by GP: 1,41 pts'
- Average of pts per season: 21,92 pts'
- Poles Positions : 3 ( is 1,60% )
- Départ First line : 10 ( is 5,35% )
- Second place in Grand Prix : 6 ( is 3,20% )
- Third place in Grand Prix : 9 ( is 4,81% )
- Meilleurs turns : 2 ( is 1,07% )
- Podiums : 18 ( is 9,63% )
- In the points : 71 ( is 37,97% )
- Nombre races while having carried out : 13 ( is 6,95% )
- Tours at the head : 209 ( is 2,22% of the traversed turns )
- km at the head : : 1088 ( is 2,23% of the distance covered )
- traversed Tours : : 9409
- traversed km : : 48861
- Hat-trick ( Victoire/Pole position/Better turn ): 0 ( is 0,00% )
- Abandons : 65 ( is 34,76% )
- Meilleur result with the championship : 4th (2006)
- Beginnings in F1 : 1996 - Grand Prix of Australia, on the circuit of Melbourne, the March 4th 1996 ( Result: Abandonment with the 32e turn/Clutch ).
- First victory : 2003 - Grand Prix of Brazil, on the Circuit of Interlagos the April 6th 2003)
- First pole position : 1998 - Grand Prix of Autrichee, on the A1-Boxing ring, the July 26th 1998)
Results in championship of the world of Formula 1
Victories Formulates 1 of them
- Fisichella Motor Sport
- Pilot of Formula 1: classification by better Pilot turns
- of Formula 1: classification by Pilot podiums
- of Formula 1: classification by Pilot poles position
- of Formula 1: classification by victories
- Official site of Giancarlo Fisichella
Simple: Giancarlo Fisichella
|Random links:||-453 | 1574 | 1927 | Chocobo | Zapp | Rio Tavares | Indrek Pertelson | Municipalité_de_Svedala|