Its careerIt is born with Cannes in the the Alpes-Maritimes the December 4th 1922 in an easy family. Wire of Marcel Philip (1893-1973), lawyer which has a legal cabinet of dispute then which gives up his career to become chief administrator of the Parc De luxe hotel Hotel of Grasse and politician, and of Marie the Villette. It has an older brother Jean Philip.
His/her father intends it for a career lawyer, but, meeting many artists come to take refuge in free Zone on the Riviera starting from 1939, it decides to become actor with the assistance of his/her mother who supports it in this choice. He adds a " e" with its name to obtain 13 letters with its name and its first name, amulet quantifies according to him.
In 1941, the realizer Marc Allégret makes him pass a hearing, and sends it to take courses of Dramatic art of Jean Wall and Jean Huet with Cannes. The actor Claude Dauphin the fact of playing Theater starting from 1942 with a very simple big girl of Andre Roussin with the casino of Nice.
In 1943 the Philippe family settles street of Paradise to Paris where Gerard is registered with the Conservatoire higher national of dramatic art, follows the courses of Denis of Ines then of Georges Roy and obtains the second price of Comédie. It takes part in the Libération of Paris in 1944 by belonging to the French resistance (FFI) whereas his/her father is a recognized collaborator.
Gerard Philippe makes known himself with the Théâtre or it obtains its first success and the celebrity at the 20 years age into full Second world war in the role with the Ange in Sodome and Gomorrhe of Jean Giraudoux in 1943.
In 1943, it meets Nicole Foucarde, a Ethnologue wife of a Diplomate. They fall in love one with the other in 1946 and marry the November 29th 1951 with the town hall of Neuilly-sur-Seine in a total intimacy after she divorced its first husband. They become all the two fellow travellers of the French Communist party (PCF). It renames his Anne wife because it found this first name more poetic. They have two children together: Anne Marie Philippe born the December 21st 1954, become actress it also, then Olivier Philip born in February 1957, and settle boulevard Inkerman with Paris, then street of Tournon.
Entered with the Popular National theater of Jean Vilar in 1951, it gains many successes with Paris, in round, with the Festival of Avignon ( the Prince de Hombourg , Cid of Pierre Corneille, Richard II ), by playing a traditional repertory, and by putting itself in scene several parts of Musset or of the contemporary authors like Henri Pichette and Jean Vauthier. (In 1953 it auditions with Jean Vilar a new actor, Philippe Noiret which it integrates into the troop).
Engaged actor, it is one of the first to sign the petition of the Appel of Stockholm in 1950 against the nuclear armament into full Cold war, and becomes president of the French trade union of actors (SFA) where it proves to be a trade-union big boss for the artistic trades of the Cinéma and of the Théâtre starting from 1958.
In 1959, the November 25th in full glory, with the apogee of its popularity, equipped with the Genius of the Comedy and a will have artistic out of the commun run, whereas it has just finished the turning of the film the fever goes up in El CAM of Luis Buñuel to the Mexico and whereas it suffers from a Cancer of the Foie, it is carried by a Heart attack with Paris at the 36 years age, plunging in sadness its many admirors and especially admirors. It is buried in the costume of the Cid, in accordance with its last wills with the small cemetery of Ramatuelle, close to Saint-Tropez.
To the image of James Dean or Marilyn Monroe, it enters the legend of the cinema of the Années 1950. The name of Gerard Philippe was given to very many Théâtre S and houses of the culture, of which the National Dramatic Center of Saint-Denis or municipal theaters of Orleans, Montpellier, Meaux, Calais, Champigny-sur-Marne, Saint-Cyr-the School, Liege, Saint-Jean-with-Maurienne, Saint-Nazaire, etc
Roles with the theater
- a very simple big girl comedy of Andre Roussin (1942), with the casino of Nice - role of Mick
- an young girl knew comedy of André Haguet (1943) with the round Rasimi
- Sodome and Gomorrhe of Jean Giraudoux (1943) with the theater Hébertot - role of the Angel
- With the small happiness comedy of Marc-Gilbert Sauvajon (1944) with the theater Gramont
- Fédérigo of Rene Laporte according to the news of Prosper Mérimée (1945) with the theater of Mathurins - role of the white prince
- Caligula of Albert Camus (1945) with the Hébertot theater - role of Caligula
- the Epiphanies of Henri Pichette (1947) with the theater of the Night birds - role of the poet
- K.M.X Labrador comedy of Jacques Deval (1948) with the theater of Michodière - role of Harold Britton
- the appear of the gaity comedy of Alfred Savoir (1949) with the Montparnasse theater - role with transformations
- Cid of Pierre Corneille (1951) with the Festival of Avignon and Suresnes - role of Rodrigue
- the Prince de Hombourg of Kleist (1951) to the theater of the Fields-Élysées - role of the prince Frederic
- Mother courage of Brecht (1951) in Suresnes - role of Eilif, one of the wire
- Calandria of the cardinal Dovizzi de Bibbiena, French text of Michel Arnaud (1951) with the festival of Avignon - role of Artemona, a courtesan
- Lorenzaccio of Alfred de Musset (1952) with the festival of Avignon - role of Lorenzo de Médicis
- Nucléa of Henri Pichette (1952) with the palate of Chaillot - role of the poet Tellur
- the new mandrake of Jean Vauthier (1952) according to the work of Machiavel to the palate of Chaillot - role of Callimaque
- Richard II Tragedy of William Shakespeare (1953) with the Palate of Chaillot - role of Richard II
- Ruy Blas of Victor Hugo (1954) with the palate of Chaillot - role of Ruy Blas
- Whims of Marianne of Alfred de Musset (1958) with the festival of Avignon and the palate of Chaillot - role of Octave
- One badine not with the love of Alfred de Musset (1959) with the palate of Chaillot - role of Perdican
Roles with the cinema
- 1943 : the box with the dreams of Yves Allégret - a silhouette in the film
- 1943: the small ones of the quay to the flowers of Marc Allégret - Jerome Hardy
- 1945: country without stars of Georges Lacombe - Simon the Gouge and Frederic Talacayud, clerk of notary
- 1945: the idiot of Georges Lampin - prince Muychkine, naive of spirit
- 1945: Diagram of an identification " short film inédit" of Alain Resnais - the vivor out of smoking
- 1946: Open due to inventory " short film inédit" of Alain Resnais
- 1947: Devil with the body of Claude Autant-Lara - François Jaubert
- 1947: Chartreuse of Parma of Christian-Jaque - the marquis Fabrice Del Dongo
- 1947: dramas of the wood of Boulogne " short métrage" of Jacques Loew - Comments of G. Philippe
- 1948: a so pretty small beach of Yves Allégret - Pierre Monet, the traveller
- 1948: All the ways lead to Rome of Jean Boyer - Gabriel PEGASE, geometrician
- 1949: the Beauty of the devil of Rene Clear - Henri and Faust, young
- 1949: Visit in Picasso " short film documentaire" of Paul Haesaerts - G. Philippe is reciting it of the film
- 1950: lost Memories of Christian-Jaque - Gerard de Narcay, the insane escaped prisoner of asylum
- 1950: Juliette or the Key of the dreams of Flesh-colored Marcel - Michel, the dreamer who seeks Juliette
- 1950: the Round of max Ophüls - the count
- 1950: Saint-Louis, or the angel of peace " short film, documentaire" of Robert Darène - G. assured Philippe the comment
- 1950: peace will overcome " documentary Polonais" of Joris Ivens - G. Philippe ensures the comment of the French version
- 1950: With Andre Gide " documentaire" of Marc Allégret - G.Philipe ensures the comment
- 1951: Avignon, bastion of Provence " short métrage" of James Guenet - G. Philippe holds his own role
- 1951: High-speed motorboats without make-up " short métrage" of Jacques Guillon - G. Philippe holds his own role
- 1951: Fanfan the Tulip of Christian-Jaque - Fanfan the Tulip
- 1951: Seven deadly sins Sketch: The eighth sin of Georges Lacombe - the smooth talker and the painter
- 1951: gallant Festivals: The painter Watteau " short film, documentaire" of Jean Aurel - G. Philippe ensures the comment
- 1952: the Beautiful ones of night of Clear Rene - Claude, obscure type-setter of music
- 1952: lovers of the villa Borghèse Sketch: Rupture of Gianni Franciolini - the beautiful young man on the bench
- 1953: the Proud of Yves Allégret - Georges, former alcoholic doctor
- 1953: Mr Ripois of Rene Clement - Mr. André Ripois, husband of Catherine
- 1953: If Versailles to me were told Sacha Guitry - D' Artagnan
- 1954: Red and the Black of Claude Autant-Lara - Julien Sorel
- 1954: crowned Forest " short film, documentaire" of Pierre-Dominique Gaisseau - G. Philippe ensures the comment
- 1955: On banks Amber " short film, documentaire" of Jerzy Kalin - G. Philippe ensures the comment
- 1955: the Army maneuvers of Clear Rene with Michele Morgan - Armand of Verne, lieutenant of the dragons
- 1955: If Paris to us were told Sacha Guitry - the street singer
- 1955: the best share of Yves Allégret - Philippe Perrin, the engineer on the stopping
- 1956: Adventures of Till Mischievous the of Gerard Philippe and Joris Ivens - Till the espliègle
- 1956: the Popular National theater " short film of Georges Franju - G. Philippe plays his own part
- 1957: Montparnasse 19 of Jacques Becker - Amédéo Modigliani, painter
- 1957: Pot-Face of Julien Duvivier - Mouret Octave, first clerk of " With the happiness of the dames"
- 1958 : Life with two of Clement Duhour - Wished, the manservant
- 1958: the Player of Claude Autant-Lara - Alexei Ivanovitch, the young Muscovite
- 1959: dangerous Connections of Roger Vadim with Jeanne Moreau and Jean-Louis Trintignant - the Viscount of Valmont
- 1959: the fever goes up in El CAM of Luis Bunuel - Ramon Vasquez
A collaborator father, a resistant sonIn Fatty, Marcel Philip, the father of Gerard Philippe, former lawyer, collaborated with the Germans: he was administrator of the Park De luxe hotel Hotel, meeting place of the Germans and place of residence of the staff Mussolinien. Moreover, he was regional delegate and member of the management committee of the French Popular party (left created by Jacques Doriot) for the the Alpes-Maritimes.
The extreme on the other hand, in August 1944, his/her son fought at the sides of resistant at the time of the insurrection for the Libération of Paris. Gerard Philippe had many friends among the Résistant S.
The December 24th 1945, the court of justice of the the Alpes-Maritimes condemned the father of Gerard Philippe to died for intelligence with the enemy and membership antinational. He was imprisoned initially with Saint-Denis, then with Grasse. His/her son tried to influence his own relations to help it and arrived there only partially. His/her father escaped in 1945 (at the time, his/her son played Paris the play Caligula ) and flees in Spain and was condemned to died by Contumace. Marcel Philip will not return in France that in 1968 following a Amnistie without to have been able to re-examine his son, dead in 1959.
|Random links:||Bernard Bolzano | The Island of Haraï | Clemenceau mount | The Walking Dead (comic) | 1482|