Career of actor
Gerard Depardieu is born the December 27th 1948 with Chateauroux in the Indre. Wire of Rene Depardieu whom it calls “Dédé”, a sheet-iron merchant-former and voluntary Sapeur-pompier, and of “Lilette”, mother with the hearth. Gerard Depardieu grows in a working proletarian family in the middle of five brothers and sisters. He spends more time in the street than to the school, than he leaves at the 13 years age. During its materially difficult adolescence, it “manages” and makes some flights and traffics dishonest persons in all kinds, inter alia with GI of American military base of its birthplace. In 1964, after various small trades, 16 years old, it leaves Chateauroux for Paris where it follows the courses of Comédie of Jean-Laurent Cochet - at the same time as Claude Jade and Alain Doutey - which takes it under its wing and where it meets Elisabeth Guignot, that it marries in 1970 and with which it has two children: Guillaume Depardieu in 1971 and Julie Depardieu in 1973. Completely uncultivated, it devours with passion all the large traditional texts and forges with greed a solid culture of Autodidacte.
In 1970, Michel Audiard gets a small role in to him the Cry of the cormorant the evening above jonques the . It is in 1974 that it is fully revealed at the sides of Patrick Dewaere and Miou-Miou, its role of nice hooligan in mare in the Waltzers of Bertrand Blier is a doubled success of a scandal of manners because of the believed dialogs and the unslung sexuality of the characters. In 1975, it is released from the skimped role of small hooligan thanks to the success of Seven Died on ordinance of Jacques Rouffio. Comes then its period from the large Italian realizers: Bernardo Bertolucci ( 1900 ) or Marco Ferreri. Depardieu impresses by its ease to change universes, with the image of so different the the Truck (1977) from Marguerite Duras and Inspecteur the Bur (1980) of Claude Zidi.
While remaining faithful to Bertrand Blier ( Evening dress , Too beautiful for you ), Depardieu widens its repertory near other great names of the Cinéma of French author, while refusing to be locked up in a kind:
- Maurice Pialat the fact of turning in four films, of which the very noticed Police force and Under the sun of Satan which will be worth to him a price of interpretation to the Mostra of Venice in 1985;
- Alain Resnais takes it as guinea-pig in My uncle d' Amérique ;
- François Truffaut proposes to him at the same time roles of in love impassioned: the Woman of at side preceded by the Last Subway which is a business success and which offers a to him César in 1981.
- Francis Veber in parallel illustrates it in comedies of the type Buddy movie with the Frenchwoman by forming a tandem gaining with Pierre Richard: the Goat in 1981, Comp2ere in 1983 and Fugitive the in 1986.
One also finds Gerard Depardieu in films in costumes, where it incarnates several characters historical or resulting from the French literature:
- the Return of Martin War of Daniel Vigne (1982), which undoubtedly gave him a certain taste for this type of role;
- Jean de Florette for Claude Berri (1986);
- the role of Rodin in Camille Claudel of Bruno Nuytten;
- Cyrano of Bergerac (1990) of Jean-Paul Rappeneau which will be worth to him César, a Cannes-native palm and a nomination with the Oscar, as well as a conquered critic and public;
- 1492 : Christophe Colomb of Ridley Scott (1992);
- Porthos in the Man with the iron mask (1998).
- the role of Marin Marais at the sides of her son Guillaume Depardieu in Every morning of the world of Alain Corneau in 1991.
In 1993, Jean-Luc Godard offers to him the gift of Hélas for me . It then multiplies successes in comedies with unexpected roles: Astérix and Obélix against César of Claude Zidi, the Wall cupboard of Francis Veber, Keep silent yourself! . Not having more anything to prove, it takes part in large Téléfilm S. In 2004, its role of tired cop is very noticed by the critic in 36 quai des goldsmiths . Pillar of the French cinema, one calls upon him for roles near rare the Isabelle Adjani ( Bon voyage in 2003) and Catherine Deneuve ( Times which changes into 2004).
Depardieu is the subject of a controversy when it is announced that he plays theater with an auricle, which would be due to its motorbike accidents.
At the time of the ceremony of NRJ Awards Movies 2005, it created a certain polemic by declaring " That made of good, because it is you who decide, you it public. That changes César S and other shits! " .
With more than 150 made films, Gerard Depardieu is undoubtedly one of the largest French actors, as well for the topics treated as for the range of the roles as it seems to cover with a great ease.
Depardieu tests an admiration for Saint Augustin, of which he recites the texts in church S. He met Jean-Paul II at the time of the jubilee of the artists in 2000, moment when the bishop of Hippone was evoked. The cardinal Poupard suggested to him making a film on this man. The November 23rd 2005, it gives a public reading of the Confessions of Saint Augustin to the Basilique Notre-Dame of Montreal.
Its great appetite, to which one owes his silhouette moreover more obéligiforme, also relates to its passion of the businesses: it benefits from its celebrity and her profits of actor to invest in the prospection of layers of Pétrole to Cuba with his friends Gerard Bourgoin and Fidel Castro. It also has vineyards in Anjou, Italy, with the Morocco and 150 hectares with Tlemcen in Algérie with the billionaire Algérie N Rafik Khalifa, who is his friend. It also invested by buying great restaurants.
In 2003, this compulsive eater of work and life pays its overactivity. Undoubtedly due to its food and alcoholic excesses, it undergoes a quintuple coronary Pontage, which is a success. However, it very quickly takes again the direction of the studios and the pleasures of the life. After its bridging and a serious motorbike accident of which it arises miraculeusement with some fractures only, it publishes two biographies, Vivant in 2004 to say all its appetite to live its deferment and the Unsubmissive person in 2006. Calmann-Levy was to publish a biography not - authorized of the actor ( Itinéraire of an Ogre ). Learning, Depardieu made pressure on the editor, via his friend Arnaud Lagardere, who has the group Hachette successfully, so that the book did not leave. This book would contain ignored aspects of the actor, whom he seeks to hide. This book " Gerard Depardieu, route of a ogre" , of Patrick Rigoulet, was finally published in the editions the Rock in August 2007.
According to the annual classification established by Le Figaro , Depardieu is the French actor best paid in 2005 with 3,2 million euros of estimated profits, that is to say approximately: 800000 euros for each one of its films left in 2005. In 2004, in this same classification, it was third with almost equivalent profits (3,35 million).
Private lifeIn 1992, separated from his wife Elisabeth, it saw a history of love with the Signal-model Karine Sylla with which it has a girl, Roxane Depardieu, in January of the same year.
Its history of love with Carole Bouquet lasts seven years. Since 2005, it lives with Clémentine Igou, former coed in literature of Harvard, Franco-American novelist 28 years and marketing director of a wine field in Toscane.
Catalog of films
- 1981 : César of the best actor for the Last Subway
- 1990: Cannes festival 1990, price of male interpretation for Cyrano of Bergerac .
- 1991 : César of the best actor for Cyrano of Bergerac .
- 1973 : the Ride on the lake of Constancy of Peter Handke
- 1985: Sanctimonious hypocrite of Molière with François Perrier
- 1986: Lily Passion with Barbara
- 1999: doors of the sky of Jacques Attali with the Theater of Paris with Jean-Marie Winling, Jean-Michel Dupuis, Barbara Schulz on a setting in scene of Stephan Hillel (topic: end of Charles Quint)
- 2004: the Animal in the jungle with the Theater of the Madeleine, Paris
|Random links:||Thalidomide | Avenue Émile Zola (subway of Paris) | Québécois general election of 1875 | Tournament of Linares | The Prince of the Pacific | Hadith|