Named Aintab by the Arabs, Antep by the Turks, it belonged to the Vilayet of Alep under the Ottoman Empire. To greet the resistance of its inhabitants Turkish against the Allied and the Armenian in 1920, it was famous Gaziantep (Antep the casualty).
Industrial pole in an area relatively little developed, it counts a population estimated at 860.000 inhabitants.
The kitchen of Gaziantep is famous. One finds specialities there such as:
- the Pistachio of Antep;
- the Baklava S (pastry making made of superimposed sheets of paste, filled of chopped dry fruits and covered with Honey);
- the lahmacun, kind of Pizza pie to the spiced chopped meat;
- the kebap (roasted meat).
- forest National park of Düllükbaba
- Tumulus de Zincirli, of Gedikli, Tilmen, Kırışkal and Sakçagözü (Sakçagöze),
- Vestiges of cities of the first period of Dolikhe (Dülük), Kuzeyne, Korus, Belkıs and Karkamış (Kargamış),
- Statue S antiques of Yesemek, Citadel S of Gaziantep, Tilbaşar, Rumkale, Karacaören and Ravanda
- Mosque S of Ömeriye, Boyacı (Kadı Kemaleddin) Eyüpoğlu, of Esenbek (İhsan Bey), Ali Nacar (Annacar), Ali Dola (Ala' üd Devle), of Tahtalı, Ağa, Handaliye, Alaybey, Şeyh Fethullah, Şirvani (Şerefeli İki), Akcurun, Canbolat Bey, Şeyh, Şeyhler, Hindioğlu and Çalık
- “medrese” (old religious school) of Ramazaniye (Ahmed Çelebi), Caravanserai S of Şeker Pasha, Hışva, Emirali, Millet, Kürkçü and the municipality, markets hall of Zincirli and Kemikli
- Public baths of Eski, Pasha, of Şıh, Pazar, Naip, Tabak, Hoca, of Hassan Bey and Tuğlu
- House of Şeyh Abdullah Effendi
- Bridges of Ebbağhane, of Aynülleben, of Yazıcık, Babilke and Murad IV, museum of Gaziantep (which shelters splendid the mosaic S saved of the site of Zeugma.
- Official site of the municipality of Gaziantep
- Official site of the prefecture of Gaziantep
- Kitchen of Gaziantep
- GAP Project, vast public working premises in the area
- Gaziantep Fen Lisesi Alumni complementary Web site
- Note over the medieval period
|Random links:||Garam masala | Lista de asuntos de la ley orgÃ¡nica | Redange (Attert) | Alphabetical | Karin Lamberg-Skog | Electrical insulator | TAM_Linhas_Aéreas|